Please share J D Of Admin Manager

Suraj Sonavane June 24, 2021

Please share the J D Of Admin Manager

2 comments

Comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2021

I think you may be asking the wrong question of the wrong people.  If you are not, then we are going to need you to explain the question a lot.

• What admin manager?
  • What Atlassian application (or stack) are you asking about?
  • What do you think an admin manager is?
  • Which systems in particular?   (Assuming you're looking for an administrator of a particular system)
  • What's "J D"?  Wetherspoons (yuck, I hope not)?  Julian Date?  Jack Daniels?  Judge Dredd?
Like G subramanyam likes this
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2021

Hi @Suraj Sonavane and welcome!

If you are referring to the Job Description of a Jira Admin (for cloud), then "A Jira administrator is a user with the Administer Jira global permission". In plain words, a Jira Admin is responsible for the whole Jira instance:

• Setting it up
  • Manage users & groups
  • Manage workflows, permissions & notifications
  • Manage custom fields, screen, field configurations etc
  • Implement viable solution for companies
  • and more

Hope that helps.
Alex

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 23, 2021

There's a lot in the "and more" section though ;-).   Apps, training, improvement, support, etc.

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 23, 2021

Basic responsibilities of a Jira Admin, I would considered the above things I mentioned, with the addition of "apps". Improvements (I presume for workflows, schemes etc) and support, for me, are included within the above mentioned bullets. I wouldn't consider "training" as a responsibility of a Jira Admin, but for sure he must know his way around Jira and guide people IF needed.

In any case, if Suraj wants to know more the following link is a good start

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/resources/

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 23, 2021

But now you're into describing a role, not a job. 

I'd definitely argue that improvements have a far wider scope than you had in your bullet points, and I don't believe an Atlassian admin's role would exclude training, there's always people who need some. 

I just don't want people landing here to mix up the role with a job description - they're very different things.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events