cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old to Jira

Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2022

Hey there - I'm kind of the opposite of new to Jira (started in like 2007 or 2008). 

What never changes though is that there's always something new to learn in Jira. Here in the Community there are always interesting challenges that I haven't run into before, and are fun to take on.

Lately I've been happy to spend time answering questions here in the Atlassian Automation Community.

Jira Automation is an incredibly powerful tool that is *built-in* to Jira (and coming soon for Confluence) which even new users and admins definitely should check out.

Here's a good guide to getting started:

Automation: Basics 

And I love to just jump in to learn, so I encourage you to:

1. Set up a Free instance of Jira Cloud for yourself, or as your Development system for work.
  2. Start playing with "recipes" from the Jira automation template library.
  3. Read up on Debugging tips!
  4. And finally, don't hesitate to ask for help in the Atlassian Automation Community if you run into problems.

2 comments

Comment

Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2022

I'm SO excited about the addition of automations to Confluence. Thanks for sharing, Darryl!

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 12, 2022

Thank you for highlighting Jira Automation and your contribution to the Community, @Darryl Lee !

Recently, I have also used it for automating a few use cases for one of my clients on Jira Cloud and I like the possibilities and capabilities of automation that it provides.

I am also excited and looking forward to see and try what automation capabilities it provides in Conflunce.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events