Notifications type

Mari March 25, 2019

Hi.

I am currently working with JIRA SOFTWARE (Cloud) 8.0.2 and I just need  to know the difference between DIRECT and PENDING project notifications.

Thanks a lot in advance,

2 comments

Comment

Mari March 26, 2019

I have modified the "Description" and the "Priority" fields and as result the "Pending Notifications" have been generated: What does "PENDING notifications" means?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2019

Could you explain where you are seeing this?  I don't see it in Jira 8 (albeit I only have early-access on hand), and it's not in Jira 7.

Mari March 27, 2019

Hi Nic.

When I modify an issue in JIra Softeware (cloud) 8.0.2 version, a notification is generated and I can see it clicking on the bell: A window is open displaying two (2) columns (Direct and Watching notification).

My question was this: Why sometimes the notification is displayed in the Direct notification, and sometimes is displayed in the Watching column? what it depends on?.

Yesterday I saw a video where was explained that  I can see in the Direct column, only issues notifications asigned to me,  and in the other column are displayed issues that I was watching and were modified. 

Are you agree? 

Thanks a lot in advance! 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2019

Ah, I see.  Direct and "watching", not "pending". 

Direct notifications are generated by actions that are directly because you are named - @mentions, being the assignee of something.  Pending are the others, things you're getting because you are part of a group or role named to get those events.

Mari March 27, 2019

Hi NIC.

Thank you very much for your answer!

Regards!

Mari March 27, 2019

Hi, again.

Can you tell me please, how can I deactivate in CONFLUENCE (cloud version 6.15.1), the sending of outgoing mails

I am the site-administrator.

Thanks a lot in advance!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events