New to Jira? Introduce yourself here!

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2021

Hi,

welcome to the New to Jira group!

We would love to hear about you and also more about your "Jira situation" (if you're comfortable):

• When did you first time find out about Jira?
  • Where are you in the process of adopting Jira? Only considering it or already implemented and looking for some extension?
  • Which topics about Jira are you interested the most and what would you help you?
  • Do you have any funny stories connected to Jira?

Thank you!

293 comments

Comment

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2021

I started using Jira and Confluence in 2004 or 2005, don't remember for sure, on a consulting gig.  Since then I have been using it ever since wherever I go to stay organized and get work done.  Can't wait to answer questions, provide insights and learn from others.  

Like # people like this
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 1, 2021

First time I heard about JIRA was around 2016 (I know a bit late to the party). We have implemented JIRA Data Center and use it along with many other tools in our company. I am here to learn new things from the community.

Like # people like this
ENIH Annim April 26, 2023

You can't be late in 2016 when I only just heard about JIRA now in 2023. Sad hey! Looking to pivot my career into the agile space. Hence, I'm hoping to learn as fast as possible.

Like # people like this
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 1, 2021

I am fairly new to Jira, since I'm using it for about 2-3 years now. I heard it through my manager at that time, you told me to use it in order to keep track of our ongoing project offers. That was enough for me, since a whole new world opened up!

I'm in the process of giving the ACP-120 exams which will be a nice addition next to my ACP-620 certification! :D

Like # people like this
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 2, 2021

My Jira situation started 3 years ago and is now fully implemented and always in search of extensions. We live, sleep and breathe Jira but there's always something else to learn so any topic is a good topic to me 😃

Like # people like this
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2021

Thanks @Hana Kučerová  for initiating this thread.

I started with Jira back in 2017.  Till then I have been using and Jira has been integral part of my daily work. I am mostly interested with Jira Filters, Dashboards, Reports and Automation. I am glad to be part of this group and learn and share experiences.

Like # people like this
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2021

Hi @Hana Kučerová 

I started working with Jira and Confluence in 2013 and since then I have not stopped using Atlassian products, I have been progressing, studying, getting to know the new ones that are coming out and very happy to work with them.

It has been a product that has given me great personal and professional moments

Cheers

Like # people like this
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 2, 2021

Hellooo!!!

• Probably sometime back in 2013
  • Where are you in the process of adopting Jira? Only considering it or already implemented and looking for some extension?
    • Fully Adopted Jira and champion it in all organizations I have joined.
  • Which topics about Jira are you interested the most and what would you help you?
    • Ease of use and Flexibility. Latest and greatest features. Migration Process Improvements.
    • Careful of bulk change and sending e-mail notification. You may get a lot people contacting you about spam! :)
Like # people like this
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 10, 2021

Agreed about that spam thing! That checkbox at the bottom of the screen should be disabled by default ideally. But I always double check :-)

Like # people like this
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 2, 2021

Hi everyone!

I have been using Jira since 2009, started out using it as part of the Dragon Slayer quest. Starting in 2012 I led a migration from IBM Rational tools to Jira and ever since then I have been working with Jira and other Atlassian tools.

Like # people like this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 3, 2021

Hi @Hana Kučerová nice initiative with this post.

>> In 2016 I heard about Jira and Atlassian Confluence.

>> Started as an end user with very very limited access, now working at the "Jira project permissions" level. And our organizations are fully scaled with the Jira utilization.

>> This one area is driving me nuts and crazy till date, the "JQL". So, I'm interested to be skilled up in that topic. Going through self learnings is not helping me and hence I'm looking at instructor lead courses.

Not at the moment.

Like # people like this
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 3, 2021

Welcome @Brant Schroeder , @Kishan Sharma , @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ , @Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_ , @Suvradip Paul , @Vero Rivas , @Benjamin , @Mikael Sandberg , @G subramanyam !!!

giphy.gif_cid=ecf05e47y1a925m8pqpankdwoycepat5zz9ffir1anvbj3tt&rid=giphy

Looks like I've got a new funny Jira story how I wanted to led New to Jira group and found out I'm the biggest newbie of all the people who joined :-).

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 4, 2021

Hello everyone! I want to welcome all those new to Jira or new users of the Community. I have been a long-time contributor to the community and enjoy working with others particularly new folks to help them through the often complex solutions.

I hope our paths cross here in the community in the near future.

Like # people like this
Prashant Sultania
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 8, 2021

Hello Everyone,

The very first time I started using Jira was in the year 2017. The first impression was "What is this", "What are the workflows", "What is issue types", "Where are different types of issue types" etc... lol... 

Initially, it took some time to understand the application being the Jira Administrator later it was easy to use. Thanks to Atlassian for creating such a good application and helpful & useful for various different teams. 

Thanks
Prashant Sultania

Like # people like this
Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 9, 2021

Hello Community!

I have been using Jira for the past 8 years when we started off with Product development. Our founder was very keen in using the best in class tools and it was really cheap  :)  We were less than 10 users way back then.. 

Workflow & Screen configurations were the ones which took time to get a grasp.. but once you mastered it ... it was easy to customize any new Jira Projects.. Right now we use the entire suite of Atlassian products for our CI & CD process...

Like # people like this
Huwen Arnone
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
September 10, 2021

Hey, this is a fantastic thread.

Recently, I've been raising several questions regarding my Jira learning path. I want to reinforce my technical knowledge regarding this fantastic tool, and this comes great (I know Jira from a "business point of view"). Here I go:

I got to know Jira (and the whole Atlassian universe) when I started working in the marketing area for this Atlassian Platinum Solution Partner. I still am. 

• Where are you in the process of adopting Jira?
    It's my day-to-day, given I administrate our marketing tasks and projects with it, but I also want to get deeper into my technical knowledge and configuration aspects.

• Which topics about Jira are you interested in the most, and what would you help you with?
    As stated before, I'm interested in the configuration./administration aspects of the tool.

I don't think so, sorry :(
Like # people like this
Delighla Bondeson September 10, 2021
  • Q : When did you first time find out about Jira?
  • A : I found it while I was clicking through my phone.
  • Q : Where are you in the process of adopting Jira?
  • I’m still learning the basics but it’s so simple I love it ! 
  • Q : Only considering it or already implemented and looking for some extension?
  • A : I wouldn’t say I’m considering it I plan on finding ways to use the certifications, but very excited to have all of this knowledge for the future!
  • Q : Which topics about Jira are you interested the most and what would you help you?
  • A : Just anything that helps really! 
    Q : Do you have any funny  stories connected to Jira?
  • I DO ! 🥰 HAPPY FRIDAY!! 
Like # people like this
Mara Smith September 10, 2021

Hi, I am brand new to Jira and started using it September 1 - last week! I'm interested in learning how to build out templates to speed up the customer response process.

Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 24, 2022

Welcome @Mara Smith 

Like Craig Nodwell likes this
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 10, 2021

Hello! I'm not new to Jira but I'm still introducing myself :-)

Atlassian and its third party app developers are continuously adding features so some part of Jira is always new for anyone. Even with years of experience.

I discovered Jira 8 years ago on my first job as a QA engineer. 2 years later I became an Atlassian consultant and still glad I did.

Welcome everyone!

Like # people like this
Svenja Lorenzen
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2021

Not necessarily new to Jira because I know the tool for a long time and have worked with it before, but im I'm currently learning for administering projects and later on administering a Jira site.

I have the feeling that I'm at the beginning of exploring Jira and all it's features, advantages and particularities.

Can't wait to get to know Jira in every detail!

Like # people like this
Sudarshan
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 13, 2021

Hello,

I first started with Jira in 2015, Jira and confluence were the main tools to propel our Agile Transformation along with an amazing organization fueled by few inspiring agile coach, management team.

Best part of Jira -- is the vibrant and active community.

happy to learn more in this journey!

Like # people like this
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 14, 2021

Hello everyone,

I am Fadoua I started supporting Atlassian Applications 7 years ago. When I first started I hated Jira so much because every time I made a change, users started reporting an issue with their workflow or permissions. To make the story short every time I could avoid working on a Jira Ticket reported to the Help Desk I did. Well today I can tell you that my favourite application is Jira (I feel there is still a lot to learn about it and achieve with it).

I really enjoy helping people who struggle and need guidance step by step. It doesn't;t bother me at all.

Feel free to reach out to me if needed.

Best,

Fadoua

Like # people like this
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 15, 2021

Hello Everyone,

My name if Fabian and started using jira since 2005 to track issues in our projects. In my current organization we have adopted Jira fully in a data center environment with 10K users.  We use it for agile/waterfall development, process management, service desk, inventory control (insight) and customized applications.  

I have joined the Atlassian community to learn about new ways to improve our processes and all the exciting new features.  I'm also here to give me a hand to users who are having trouble with the Atlassian products and share my expertise.  

Regards,

Fabian

Like # people like this
Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 15, 2021

Hello everyone,

I am Martin and I'm not definitely new to Jira, but I'm always happy to help, share my knowledge or useful resources to Jira newbies. Enjoy your experience with an Atlassian Community and Atlassian stack :)

Martin

Like # people like this
Linda Milne_Togetha Group_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
September 16, 2021

I'm relatively new to the community, but like many been using jira for "quite some time"... some vague time in the distant past that I can only vaguely remember. Funny stories not so much, but horror stories ... bombarding the email server type things. 🙄

Like # people like this
Vronik September 18, 2021

I started using Jira and Confluence in 2012 and it was a bit complicated at first, but after learning and progressing with the tool, now it is essential in my day to day

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 18, 2021

Hi Everyone!

I have been with the Community for a few years now and helping out as a leader for the last couple of years. I have been working with Jira for a little over 7 years.

I especially enjoy Automation for Jira and Jira Work Management. 

Looking forward to working more with you!

Like # people like this
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 20, 2021
Like # people like this
Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 20, 2021

Thank you @Hana Kučerová :)

Like # people like this
Huwen Arnone
Solutions Partner
September 28, 2021

Thank you @Hana Kučerová 🙈
giphy

Like # people like this
Dr_ David A_ Marshall May 16, 2022

Hello everyone!!

I just started using Jira extensively this past month with my business. There are a lot of great features and so many things to learn. 

Like # people like this
Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 17, 2022

👋👋

Welcome to the community @Dr_ David A_ Marshall 

Like # people like this
Bob Scott April 4, 2023

Hello everyone! I'm Bob and I just joined the kudos program

Like # people like this
Dinesh Babu June 11, 2023

I am fairly new to Jira, since I'm using it for about 2-3 years now

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders