New to JIRA (again)

Howard Pyett January 25, 2022

Hi Howard here,
Not new to JIRA but it has been several years since I last used it and now have to build a cross functional portal... so effectively new to JIRA (again)

• When did you first time find out about Jira?
    • Back in 2015 - JIRA was the main tool for running major customer software development delivery that I was involved in.
  • Where are you in the process of adopting Jira?
    • JIRA is widely used across the company on many different projects - we are free to develop bespoke projects as required.
  • Which topics about Jira are you interested the most and what would you help you?
    • Service Assurance and product lifecycle management and tracking are the key areas I now need to develop.
  • Do you have any funny stories connected to Jira?
    • Once made a ticket 'external access' by mistake such that the customer could see it - although not necessarily a funny story, the content did make the customer question the content and ultimately brought that feature mentioned in the ticket... moral of the story, don't be afraid to share information.

So now trying to re-educate on JIRA to see if I can use it for a cross functional and cross team portal for the various lifecycle and Service Assurance projects.

Looking forward to getting up to speed.

3 comments

Comment

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2022

Welcome back @Howard Pyett 

So much has happened over the years in Cloud!! 

It's an era!! Good one with all the details

Like Howard Pyett likes this
Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2022

Welcome back to the community

Like Howard Pyett likes this
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2022

Welcome back @Howard Pyett !

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events