Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New To the Community

Melody Scott May 27, 2021

Hello ALL,

I'm new to Jira, Confluence and JQL. I look forward to learning and sharing here. I literally know a Little about a Lot :) of IT stuff. Not enough to be dangerous to anyone other than myself; its mostly outdated stuff anyway. Feel free to over-share. 

My first question is what is your favorite JQL training resource? What about it do you like the most? The instructor, the presentation and flow of information, the examples? If the target audience is beginners do they take the time to build on complex topics so all traveling on the bus arrive n Bountiful together? I hate when I feel Left Behind. Can you tell I love movies? Here's another piece of trivia about me, Gryffindor Rules!

1 comment

Comment

Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 28, 2021

Welcome! Here's some great resources on JQL:

These are all good places to start, with lots of good examples. But I've found that the only way I truly learn anything is when I have to do it for real. As in, somebody at work says "Hey, can Jira find all the issues assigned to people in this group that were resolved in the last 48 hours and have a value of X for field Y?"

Yes. Jira can do that. With JQL.

Lastly, if you're having problems with a specific query, I recommend posting to the Jira forums here to get help.

Melody Scott May 28, 2021

Thanks!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events