How to best get good answers from the Jira community

OToole August 25, 2018

Hi All,   So I am new Jira user trying to implement a jira project for a Non Agile workflow.

I have asked several questions on the community and so far I out of 5 questions have gotten only 1 response on only 1 question.  

I was hoping that people here can link and see my questions and maybe give me some  hints as to why my questions are not getting any response.  Maybe I am posting in the wrong place?

I have more questions but don't want to keep asking with no response...   I have figured out how to do alot on my own using the answers in this community,  so I know you do answer questions, maybe I am just not asking them correctly

Thanks!

2 comments

Comment

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2018

Good morning!

I think the most difficult thing about community requests is that you're largely dependent on a group of awesome volunteers to respond to your questions.

The Community Champions do their best to comb the boards as time allows, and we hate to see a question go unanswered, but sometimes there are just so many posts that it becomes impossible to answer them all.

I'm sorry to hear that your posts haven't been getting much love. I'm happy to assist whatever way that I can. Would you mind reposting a couple of your questions here?

OToole August 28, 2018

Hi Meg,

Sorry I should have included links in my question.  How can you know if I am posting the questions in the wrong location if I don't include the questions.

I have either figured out or make a workaround for all except I am still trying to get doAfterCreate to work.

doAfterCreate { } Never Called from post function

And I have another problem with the jira issue macro not working as expected

Confluence Link working in Create but not in Clone Issue Script

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2018

Let me see if I can get someone to assist with your questions, hang in there!

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 28, 2018

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-can you please assist with this one?

Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 28, 2018

A general suggestion I share with everyone about asking for help in communities like this one is to take a moment and read: http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html This document is mandatory reading for Atlas Authority staff, and has helped me improve the response rate I get in forums like this.

To be clear, I haven't dug into your past questions, you may already be doing an excellent job of asking them. I only want to share this in case it may help.

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 28, 2018

Agree with @Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority - excellent resource!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events