Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Board for tracking self learning goals

Alexander Ravikovich May 31, 2021

Hey there! I have an idea to use Jira for tracking the self-learning goals of the developers.

An ideal solution can be something like that:

1. I as a developer, want to be able to create the goal (task) of MongoDB certification process by watching some videos course or reading book.

2. I will create subtasks, for example - chapter 1, chapter 2

3. I will have a board with todo, in progress, done

4. Anyone in the company who interested in the same topic, can copy/duplicate my tasks and have their own progress board.

My questions are:

1. Do Jira have something that can fit it? Maybe even another Atlassian product that fits it better?

2. If there is no special solution for that, what is the best type of Jira's project that can fit this case better? It's hard to schoose just from lookign to the list this page: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/discovering-jira-applications-776636162.html

Thanks!

2 comments

Comment

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2021

I would probably create an epic with tasks and sub-tasks. Then create a manual automation rule to copy the epic and children.

Linda Milne_Togetha Group_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
June 23, 2021

Would trello be a better option?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events