New to Jira Work Management

Deleted user June 29, 2022

Hello everyone, Shy here. I'm the Operations and Process manager at my computer. We're a super small team, so a lot of the day-to-day rests on me. There's actually a phrase we say that Manual = Shy because in most things it is me doing something, especially if we haven't found a way to automate it yet.

I am now getting into project management. It's exciting, but also a bit terrifying as I don't really have any experience with it. I'm a bit overwhelmed with the complexity of Jira and I would love some general direction about where to start.

2 comments

Comment

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2022

Hello Shy! We are glad you are here!! Using Jira Work Management is a great way to start with Jira. It's less complicated although you will sacrifice some of the more fully functional and flexible capabilities of Jira Software projects. 

If you will excuse my shameless plug, I wrote a book on Jira Work Management that was published earlier this year. You can find it on Amazon, or if you purchase directly from the publisher here: https://www.packtpub.com/product/jira-work-management-for-business-teams/9781803232003

then you can use this code for a 25% discount: 25John

ana shah July 28, 2022

Hi,  Thank you so much for your kind stuff, Could you please let is it worth managment if we are managing a business should this help us or not.? I need your honest recommendations. Thanks

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 29, 2022

Well, that all depends on how you are managing your business and the types of things that you are looking at the tool helping you with. Can you describe more details? 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events