My story with JVM

Hello all:

We want to know more about you, about your "love story" with Jira and your experience. If you don't know what to say, we could suggest the following ideas:

• How and when did you know Jira? How was your first experience?
  • How do you use Jira in your work, office, enterprise, organization?
  • Where are you in the roadmap of adopting jira, scaling jira in your organization?
  • We are sure you have some funny stories related to Jira. Why don't you share them with us?

We hope you enjoy this group and it helps you to grow up with your "Jira love story" :)

Thank you!

3 comments

Comment

Bharath
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 5, 2021

Hi There, I am Bharath.

I joined Atlassian as a contractor in Jan 2021 and I am now an FTE, working with the people operations team within Atlassian, as an HR Project Coordinator.

I studied computer science (10 years ago) but I was never into coding(which I definitely regret now!!). I started working at a few call centers for the first 4 years (2010-14) and then moved to HR Shared Services (2014 - Till date).

Our HR frontline team at Atlassian uses Jira every day for capturing employee queries. I started using Jira extensively for different project activities, from June 20201, and I just loved the way we can customize this tool for our requirements. However, the first experience was absolutely scary, majorly because we don't have the testing platform for Jira, all changes done to our projects would go live instantly. So, I always feel (to date) like walking on eggshells, while making any changes.

I am a Jira admin, for our local projects and I am also planning to get certified as a Jira Admin in the next 3 to 6 months, via Atlassian University.

KUDOS!! to our local IT Manager, who taught me all the stuff about Jira while I was totally new to the application.

Thank you

Like # people like this
Serhii Kibitkin_SAASJet_ October 5, 2021

My "Jira story" began 6 years ago.

It wasn't "love at first sight." In the beginning, we have a solely professional relationship. Back then, I was engaged in software development. My team used the server version to track and control bugs' work. For me, it was just a to-do list, just a thing to do. At that time, I did not realize the power of Jira. Later, I used Trello boards for my home projects to store all the tasks that needed to be done.

In 2021, I've changed my job and moved to the position of Product Manager. Now I'm working in a company where Jira Cloud is the main tool. Everything is serious here: Agile methodology, sprints, roadmaps.

Only now, I realized how powerful Jira's tool is and how deeply you need to know the processes to use it fully. The more I began to immerse myself in the Agile processes and methodology, the more questions arose.

During this time, the idea was to use Jira not only to work on tasks but also as an information center for storing and retrieving advanced HR personnel data for managers, the team, and the HR department.

As a result, we rolled out an add-on – HR: Employee User Profile. We use it ourselves in the company when working with employees every day.

The result of this whole story for me was the following:

• Jira is a powerful tool for those who know how all Agile principles and tools work.
  • Jira allows you to expand the horizon of possibilities through additional plugins that can be found on the Marketplace.
  • I highly recommend visiting Atlassian Webinars – there you can learn new valuable information.

P.S. According to @Bharath post about HR Project Coordinator - Get more useful articles

• Atlassian HR section - Unleash the potential in your HR team - link
  • How to use our new business templates for HR, facilities, and legal teams - link
  • Jira for HR Teams - link
  • Jira for HR: How to manage remote employees - link
  • Improve employee onboarding process in Jira with automated subtasks templates - link 
Like # people like this
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 27, 2022

Hi I'm Craig, I started working with Jira in 2005 version 3.
I've done a lot of work with Jira over the years, with many different clients.
Most of the work I've done is implementations of delivery pipelines using Jira as a main landing page for work activity and as a butler for software developments build and release processes.  However most organizations also have business needs and I've found myself on every occasion standing up those types as well.  I've done plugin development and workflow automations using Jira native functionality and Market Place apps.
I'm hoping to gain better insights into the business capabilities to the Atlassian tool stack.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events