i want to create channel and add field to populate fields in form when i am adding in the channel

manmohan.adhikari December 24, 2019

i want to create library name  channelname  and add field such as A,B,C and when i enter fields in form they should populate if i add new anything new in the library

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 27, 2019

Hello Manmohan,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I'm not sure if I understood correctly your request, so we need more details about what is this library.

As per the details you provided, I understood that you want to create a form in the customer portal and that the fields are automatically filled based on the previous field, is that correct?

Please, let us know more details about your use case and also specify what is the Library. 

Regards,
Angélica

manmohan.adhikari January 2, 2020

Can I create a repository / library/ database to set pre-configured options in a particular field? Can I then use this database / library to auto-populate the options for a particular field?1) For ex:
I might have a set custom field: "Channel Name" in which I have already defined my channels such as 1) Amazon, 2) Flipkart.
Now, if I want to add 3rd option in my channel name i.e. 3) Own Website, I just have to add in my library and basis this the options in channel name in all my form changes with 3 options instead of 2 options.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 6, 2020

If you mean by the custom fields, it's necessary to manually add the options directly on Jira settings > Issues > Custom fields.

I searched for alternatives and found some for Jira Server only using Scriptrunner:

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events