Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Why there are fields in the Request Type Layout that are not contained in the View Issue Screen?

Edited

I marked all fields that I didn't add to the View Issue Screen of the Issue Type that is associated to my Request Type. I do not understand why they appear. The field Labels shows up in in the Request Type Layout but not in the (new) Issue View. But when I add Labels to my View Issue Screen it does of course. Fields like Assignee always show up in the Issue View, regardless of whether they are added to the View Issue Screen or not. (I can hide them in the Field Configuration but the fields still appear in the Request Type Layout.)  Please explain this behavior to me.

jira_frage.PNG

1 answer

I've noticed this behavior as well but, so far, haven't been able to find any Atlassian documentation to explain it. My best guess is some fields are simply hard coded to appear in the request layout screen, regardless of whether they've been added to the issue type screen configuration.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you