When you were new to JSM what was something you wished you better understood?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2021

I thought I would get the group rolling on a discussion to help new JSM users out.  Share your insights on this post to help out new JSM users.  

One item I always think is important to understand is the difference between Team and Company managed projects.  I often see individuals setup multiple service management projects only to have to adjust them as their try to stream line policy or management of the service desks.  The following is great documentation to help new users understand the difference.  Reading this before implementing any service management projects is always a great idea. https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/learn-the-differences-between-classic-and-next-gen-projects/

2 comments

Comment

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2021

Hi Brant - Great question!

I wish I understood customer permissions better and how they relate to licensed users. 

Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2023

The difference between Service Requests, Incidents, Problems, & Changes.  

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events