Welcome to the "New to JSM" group! - Introduce yourselves here! (please)

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2021

Welcome all to New to Jira Service Management! We are happy to have you here. Since this is a new group, let’s start with introductions. 

• How long have you been using Jira Service Management?
  • Have a special or unique use case for JSM? (If you do, you should submit your use case here for a chance to win.)
  • Any fun facts you want to share?

No need to be shy - we are all friends here.

212 comments

Comment

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2021

To get is started here is my introduction. 

I have been using JSM for almost a year now,. We where looking for a replacement to the system that we used to use and the announcement of JSM made us take the leap. 

One of the unique ways we use JSM is for JIT access, which relies on automation and Okta workflows. It allows us to automatically give users access to restricted systems, the only interaction is that the manager approves the request, then the rest is handled automatically. 

Like # people like this
Akinloye Okunola March 7, 2022

I just started using JSM for a month now and I am absolutely loving it

Like # people like this
Karthick S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 7, 2022
Like Craig Nodwell likes this
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 7, 2022

Welcome @Akinloye Okunola 

Nandan Trivedi April 23, 2022

Hey, I am supporting Tier 1 service desk and just started using Jira 1 week ago, and I find it very helpful and useful and hope to load up my knowledge through this amazing system and people! :) 

Ezegwu August 19, 2023

hi, am just starting to use JSM nw , am confused of wat to and hw to go, need more explanation, thank u

Like Susanna Babayan likes this
Jason Chan December 14, 2023

We just started using JSM a few months ago. Love how it keeps getting better and better.

Bel Quinery January 16, 2024

Kia Ora Everyone, 
I have been using Jira SM for 3 years and this community have been a great help on my self learning journey. 

Noah - Devsamurai March 28, 2024

I've just been with Jira for nearly a month and I am trying to master it. This platform is good, especially since it has a community like this.

Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2021

1. We've been using jsm for 4 years now.

2. We wanted a quick and simple way to get a service desk going to track jira requests and we were up an running within a week. With experience, we created more jsms for our operations and agile teams.

3. I'm addicted to kudos.

Like # people like this
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2021

Nice one @Fabian Lim, and I can attest that it is really easy to get going, we had 5 teams up and running within a month.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2021
  • How long have you been using Jira Service Management?   2 years after it came out.
  • Have a special or unique use case for JSM? Nope
Like # people like this
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2021

Hi @Mikael Sandberg Good to see you here!

I have been using JSM for more than 2 years now. Please take a look at my submission during Atlympics.

Fun fact - One team has used JSM for leave management ;)

Like # people like this
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 6, 2021

What a coincidence, our HR is also using JSM for leave management too.

And I like you submission, impressive!

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 6, 2021

Hi all!

I've been using JSM for about three years now. I was lucky enough to set up the customer portal on my previous job, from scratch. It was quite a journey, since I had to educate out customers to use it, instead of sending emails. Difficult task dare I say.

I don't have a use case to share with you all, but I hope that the current job position will offer great opportunities which I'll be more than happy to share with you in the future.

Like # people like this
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 6, 2021

Yeah, I feel you on the need to educate the customer to use the portal instead of emails. About 70% of our requests are still emails, even though we tried to push them to use the portal or Slack. I talked to one of the JSM PMs yesterday and he suggested to maybe use a different SLA for emails.

Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2021

Hi @Mikael Sandberg 

I've been using the JSM for many years, probably about 6.
   It is a very powerful tool for a customer service and attention desk, in addition to providing many benefits to manage a high number of tickets to our customers 

Cheers

Like # people like this
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2021

Hi @Mikael Sandberg  and other members,

Happy to be part of it.

• How long have you been using Jira Service Management? I think it's not more than year so far and I am still exploring.
  • Have a special or unique use case for JSM? (If you do, you should submit your use case here for a chance to win.) Not yet but I would definitely try in future.

Stay safe and healthy, Enjoy the rest of your day!

Cheers

Suvradip

Like # people like this
Paloma Fondon Araujo
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 6, 2021

Hi all!! 

I've been using JSM for about 3 years

The most common use cases are for automatic rules and integration with other products, we have been able to make it easier for customers to create requests and process them for agents.

Like # people like this
Vronik October 6, 2021

Hello @Mikael Sandberg 

I have always used the JSM with my clients, to help them manage their incidents and give excellent service to their users, in addition to using some add-ons they give it incredible potential.

Regards

Like # people like this
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 6, 2021

Hello hello 👋

I must say I am very new to Jira Service Management, I've read a lot around it but I'm ready to know a lot more! Looking forward to being involved in the group @Mikael Sandberg 🙌

All the best,

Laura

Like # people like this
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 6, 2021

Hello All,

I'm Anvesh from India, I was working with Atlassian tools (Jira & Confluence) from the past 3+ years. When Atlassian Community Enabled "Community Leader Badge". I Started exploring JSM JSM. I've 6 months of experience with JSM, I'm interested to learn JSM, how it is used for daily activities. 

Thanks,

Kagithala Babu Anvesh

Like # people like this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 6, 2021

@Mikael Sandberg Thanks for putting this together.

Like # people like this
Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 6, 2021

Hi @Mikael Sandberg & Community

Good to see a group dedicated for JSM 😀

I have been using JSM for close to 5 years .. my focus is on JSM Reporting and looking forward to being involved in the group!

Like # people like this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 6, 2021

So let's get in on the fun :)

• How long have you been using Jira Service Management?

Let's consider JSD and JSM as one right now, think I started about 4 years ago with JSD and now I'm migrating clients over to JSM. I've been in ITSM tooling for about 10years now in total.

• Have a special or unique use case for JSM? (If you do, you should submit your use case here for a chance to win.)

Not really, my general cases tend to be the default ITSM processes where we might get some exotic things for Request Fulfillment. I did recently build a process flow mechanism using Insight which was pretty fun :) I mostly like to find the border of what the tool can do and then try and build across it.

• Any fun facts you want to share?

Well I'll be happy to be a co-group leader here and help you all out! Besides being addicted to community I got a 2y old son so he keeps me pretty busy. Oh and I'm building a house!

Like # people like this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 7, 2021

Hi @Mikael Sandberg happy to be in this group.

I'm fairly very new to JSM. All these years I'm either working with Jira or Confluence or both but haven't got a need for JSM.

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 8, 2021

Hey Everyone!

This group is not as good as the New to Jira Work Management group - but it's a close second!

I have been using JSM for about 4 years. I have a unique project where I used JSM to create an issue for every Team Member in our company (over 1,000) and then create related financial information and favorites related to each Team Member. 

Like # people like this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 14, 2021

Interesting use case @John Funk !

So a sort of CRM then within JSM? Or more to store meta data about them?

Would in this new JSM Insight be a good fit for it?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 14, 2021

More of an HRIS than a CRM. Stores both meta data and creates annual tasks for leaders to complete annual reviews of each team member. 

Now that Insight is here, it probably would be a better approach!

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 14, 2021

Nice case!

You could even use this new nifty thing called Jira Work Management to do those annual reviews ;)

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 14, 2021

Yes you could  ;-)   That also came on the scene after we got the process and structure in place.  

If I was building it all from scratch, it would definitely look different.  :-)

Prashant Sultania
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 11, 2021

Hello Friends,

I won't say I am new to Jira Service Management, I have been using Jira since 2016 and its more than 5+ years I am using it. 

Like # people like this
Linda Milne_Togetha Group_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
October 12, 2021

Starting work on JSM!!

Like # people like this
Danny Zuccaro
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 13, 2021

Hi all!

Played around with JSM a bit but previous employer didn't use it. Excited to have started a new role where we are actively using it and I'll be able to roll up my sleeves and play around. Am sure I'll be looking for tips, tricks and suggestions along the new journey!

Thanks,

Danny

Like # people like this
Alex
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 13, 2021

Hi, community!

I am happy to join this group. I've been using JSM and an admin for over two years, and I've been playing around with Insights lately. Pretty powerful.

Cheers,

Alex

Like # people like this
Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 14, 2021

Hi.  new here.  Looking forward to tips, tricks, and recommendations.

Like # people like this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 14, 2021

Hey @Marjorie ,

If you happen to have any specific struglges/use cases you don't know how to tackle, feel free to create a new question/discussion so we can unleash our combined brain power on to it :)

Like # people like this
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 17, 2021

Hi folks,

I have a long history in the Atlassian world, going back to 2011 when I joined my current company as the PM of a Software team. As I joined our Atlassian business unit in 2015, I was just in time to see the birth of Jira Service Desk as a separate member of the Jira family, growing from the add-on it initially was.

As of today, I help our customers implement IT and Enterprise Solutions for Service Management in the broadest sense. And I am happy to help solve people's questions on the Community on the topic with a lot of enthusiasm as well.

With all the new stuff that's being added recently, I do love the Community as a forum to learn more every single day from questions, discussions and articles written by people who are in the middle of their challenges, problems and amazing solutions!

Like # people like this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 18, 2021

Exactly!

Since it's becoming more and more difficult to stay up to date with all the small (and big) changes, these questions enable me to investigate other people's use cases and hopefully learn something along the way :)

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 18, 2021

Hello all! @Mikael Sandberg a thanks for throwing this out there.

JSM is a great app. Sure it could be better in some places and I’m glad to see Atlassian continuing to update it.

• I have been using GSM now for 5 years. I have seen it evolve significantly during that time.
  • While I use JSM for many use cases I don’t view them necessarily as unique, at least at this point in time. When I first got started with JSM probably the most unique use case was for staffing. I said it up for HR and allowed supervisors as customers to open requisitions. That may have been unique four years ago but now I think it’s fairly common place. I think I may have even submitted a post long ago on this use case.(?)
  • I can’t think of any fun facts ATM.
Like # people like this
manuelgeek
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 19, 2021

Hi All. I'm new here. I'm happy to be here. I'm just getting started with Jira Service Management

Like # people like this
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 24, 2023

welcome

Hakeem Olasupo
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 11, 2021

I am Hakeem Olasupo by name.

1. We've been using JSM for 3 years now.

2. We wanted a fast and simple way to get a service desk going to track Jira requests and we were up an running within a week. We created more JSMS for our operations and agile teams.

3. I'm addicted to kudos and happy to join this group

Like # people like this
Alex Sandro Gross May 11, 2022

Boa tarde, sou novo neste mundo e quero conhecer mais e mais!!!

Fabio Genovese
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2022

Sem problema. Se possivel, eu posso falar Portugues tambem. 

Suale Yakubu December 9, 2022

Hi!

This is my first time of using JSM as a technical support officer.

I am getting use to some of features.

Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 21, 2023

welcome

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events