Search missing in Customer Portal > My Issues

Patrick Kennedy April 14, 2020

As I am new to Atlassian products, I don't know if this is expected behaviour, but we have a customer that says he used to have a search bar in Customer Portal under the My Issues section that is no longer available.

Attached is my own view, which also does not have the search bar. Is this normal or a bug?

Customer_Portal_View.PNG

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Charlie Marriott
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 4, 2020

Hi Patrick,

Thanks so much for your question.

The latest version of Jira Service Desk Server / Data Center has a ‘search for requests’ field, however I’m not sure what version your customer is using. Are you able to provide more information about the version? I should the be able to verify if the search bar should be available on your version.

Thank you,

Charlie

Jira Service Desk

Patrick Kennedy June 9, 2020

Thanks for the reply Charlie. We are running Jira version 8.5.3.

Charlie Marriott
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 9, 2020

Thanks @Patrick Kennedy,

I've had a look at an instance we have here at Atlassian which is running JSD 4.5.3 and the search bar looks quite different to the one in your screenshot:

Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 3.20.57 pm.png

I suspect that you might be running an older version of Jira Service Desk (3.16.x or 3.9.x) than the equivalent to Jira 8.5.3. As you can see from our Marketplace listing for Jira Service Desk, it's advisable to run the matched JSD and JSW versions. The team tells me that it is possible to run JSD with a newer version of JSW but it isn't advised. 

It would be worth finding out what version of Jira Service Desk you are running and if it is out of sync with the Jira 8.5.3 that you have I'd suggest you look into upgrading so you can benefit from the improvements we've made to JSD since the 3.X versions, which will include the additional search field on the customer portal.

I hope that helps,

Charlie

ps. if this answer is correct, please hit the accept the answer button!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events