Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSM Cloud Integrations

Dean Holloway March 31, 2022

I'm about to kick off a POC with JSM Cloud, specifically to try out the Insight CMDB capabilities. I was looking at a comparison matrix for Data Center vs Cloud and it appears that there are no 3rd party integrations available for JSM Cloud. I'm focused on AWS at the outset but will be incorporating Azure, Google Cloud and Heroku objects at a later date. My questions are:

(i) What are my options for integration with AWS and Insight Cloud?

(ii) If the answer to (i) is zero then what best practices have others followed to populate an Insight Cloud DB with AWS data and keep it current?

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2022

Hey @Dean Holloway ,

As you already figured out, the Cloud version of Insight is severely lacking in the connectivity to data sources. 

Right now your options are to either use a manually imported csv file or write your own integration using the REST api. 

imho, currently there isn’t really a structural solution yet but they are working on bringing the same data connectivity from DC to Cloud 

Dean Holloway March 31, 2022

Thanks so much for the confirmation @Dirk Ronsmans .

Are there any folks that have been working with JSM Cloud to build REST API connections to AWS S3 etc? 

I'd also be interested in any best practices for setting up cloud-based object types and objects in an Insight CMDB schema (Cloud or DC versions).

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events