Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to send parts of a form dependant on their queue status

Helen Pippard August 13, 2021

Dear Community

I am using JIRA Service desk (Server based) and am due to set up a new "helpdesk"

My concept is:  The end user needs to complete a form (simple enough). This form however will then be processed through certain queues......at one particular stage/queue the form will need to be sent back to the user for more information

I guess my question is in 2 parts

Is it possible 2 have 1 form and when the issue gets moved to a certain queue it A)  Can auto send out the already completed form B) unhide new sections which the user must now complete of the same form

My aim: Is for the user to NOT have to fill out 2 forms when alot of the information is similar, I just need EXTRA information 

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Kind Regards

Helen

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 13, 2021

Hi @Helen Pippard ,

This won't really be possible out of the box. Once a form is submitted the customer can only add comments to it and no longer edit it.

You will need to look towards apps here. One of them is ProForma (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1215833/proforma-forms-checklist-for-jira?tab=overview&hosting=server) which was also recently acquired by Atlassian.

This allow you to create more dynamic forms and (as they mention in their app description)

Use multiple forms per request and allow updates to a request after creation

So if this is something you really need, I suggest looking towards ProForma or an app similar to it.

Helen Pippard August 13, 2021

Thanks for your response

I will raise this within my organisation to see if we can look to get this

Kind Regards

Helen

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 13, 2021

You can always give it a try with a trial license just to see if it is what you are looking for.

(preferably then on a test/development instance)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events