Hunting for Kudos

Hi all,

it is somehow stupid, isn't it? Most of the "hello all" posts are hunting for kudos, I guess. Same with me, to be honest. But it seems Atlassian is reaching their goal. And, by the way, some of us are exploring new features. Even experienced jira users or consultants like me.

Just wanted to say: I like it! Kudos Atlassian!

Actually the same as with Jira Service Management, which we use a lot with our customers and help our customers to setup, configure and enhance. 

Cheers from Germany,

Christian

codecentric AG

9 comments

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2021

@Liam Green @Mikael Sandberg @Dirk Ronsmans - maybe it's time to make a dedicated Introduction thread (or rename the main thread to be more obvious)?

In the Enterprise group (shameless plug), I named our Intro thread "welcome to the Enterprise group - please introduce yourself!" I probably should rename it to state "Introduction Central - use this thread to introduce yourself!" 😉

@Christian Bär - and welcome! 😆

Like # people like this
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2021

take my kudos.jpeg

Like # people like this
Christian Bär November 8, 2021

Hello Dave,

I somehow realized your intention - after I wrote my article.

So maybe it's time for a new feature "Convert article to comment" like in "Convert issue to sub-task"? 

The thing is, it was the Kudos feature which made me aware of the channel and it just said - I actually can't find the original text - go there and introduce yourself!

;-) 

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 9, 2021

@Christian Bär - I love that you called out the "Kudos hunt" aspect of creating "oh hello" posts in different groups, and thought it was worth replying in this thread. 😆

I think this post should live!

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
November 9, 2021

The badge is supposed to link to the introduction thread to make it clear that you should introduce yourself there. But @Christian Bär we're happy to have a dedicated thread for you anyway!

welcomen.gif

Like # people like this
Dave November 14, 2021

@Dave Liao could we actually make this a reality? I've just joined and would love to trawl the brains trust, but it's nigh impossible to filter out the karma farming from actual discussion points. I'm all for self-promotion and the like but it's impacting the overall value of the community :)

CC: @Liam Green 

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 15, 2021

@Dave - it can be a reality, but just check with the Community Leaders who own this neck of the woods (that's not me) 😅

Like Dave likes this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 16, 2021

@Dave & @Dave Liao ,

Consider it done! I've renamed the featured thread to make it more visible and hopefully people will start introducing themselves there :)

Thanks for the suggestion @Dave Liao !

Haven't been really active here yet but keep an eye out for some more content soon!

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 16, 2021

@Dirk Ronsmans - just sent you kudos! 😆

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events