Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email to ticket stopped

Yojana March 1, 2021

Hi,

Every 2 months I have observed the case that Jira stops converting ticket send through email.

Once the outlook email password is changed its starts working again. 

Till the time we recognize this issue our customers start reporting over call that they have not received any acknowledgement email with ticket id from SD. 

How can we solve this behavior permanently. 

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 1, 2021

Hi @Yojana

Welcome to the community. 

This probably happens, because the password of the mailbox expires by that time.

Maybe it is possible to configure the mailbox, so that the password does not expire.

Some email providers also allow to generate so called app /application passwords, that does not expire and also do not need an 2 Factor Authentication if it is configured in your environment. 

Yojana March 1, 2021

Hi Bastian,

Appreciate your reply !!

To double check this case have tried to login the outlook email externally and check if this is password expiry case. 

I was able to login successfully and the email sent was also there in "Inbox" with already read status. 

Let me know your thoughts on this. 

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 1, 2021

Ok, if the mail is marked as read, there might be two reasons.

Either Jira read the email and could not process it. Then you should see something in the mail handler log.

Or Something/Someone else read that email and marked is as read. If the mail is marked as read, Jira will not try to process it again.

Yojana March 2, 2021

Thanks Bastian !! 

I will check the logs. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events