Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no email notification being sent when an issue is assigned to a user

Neil Shah June 26, 2019

When a new issue comes through and i assign an issue to a user no email notification is getting sent. 

I have checked the permission section and the user appears in the asignee field. I have also checked the notifications section and when an issue is assigned the current asignee should get a notification. 

Any ideas why no email notification is being sent. 

The strange thing is if i were to add a comment after then the current asignee gets an email. 

It's just once a ticket gets created and i assign the issue to a user 

Regards

Neil 

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 27, 2019

Hi Neil,

I would like to know more details about the issue in order to understand and to try to find what is causing this.
Is this issue happening with only one user?
Is it happening on a specific project or all projects?
If you have customers separated by organizations, can you please check if the assignee is also not part of the organization?
Also, make sure that the assignee is not a participant of the ticket.

Regards,
Angélica

Neil Shah June 28, 2019

Hi Angelica thanks for getting back to me. 

The issue is happening on all projects and all users. Say for example i create a new ticket and I assign it to a user then no email gets sent that they have been assigned the issue. 

I checked the notifications bit and it says issue assigned the current asignee should get an email. 

The assignee is not a participant of the ticket.

Regards

Neil 

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 1, 2019

When an agent does not receive system notification, there are four reasons:

• The agent is the issue reporter.
  • The agent is a request participant on the ticket.
  • The agent is a member of the organization which the ticket is shared with.
  • The agent is an approver of the request.

We already know that they are not a participant, can you check the other options?
If the ticket was shared with some organization, please make sure that the assignee is not part of the organization.

You can find more details on the documentation below:
- Service Desk Agents do not receive internal notifications

Neil Shah July 2, 2019

Hi Angelica 

i have checked and there are not a member of the organisation that the ticket is shared with. 

Just to clarify when a ticket is raised the asignee is unassigned i then add an assignee to the ticket thats where the problem is as soon as i do they dont receive an email. 

However if after i were to add a comment then they would receive an email. 

Any ideas?

Neil 

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
July 4, 2019

Neil, thank you for checking this. For further investigation, I'll create a ticket with our support team, so they can check correctly what are the affected tickets and a user that is facing this issue in order to confirm the error or message that appear on the logs.
You will receive a notification about the ticket and soon someone will contact you.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events