What will be the load on Jira Service desk by using multiple custom listener and project rules

Prachi Nema May 21, 2020

Hi All,

I am using Jira service desk 3.16 on the server with 8 CPU, 20 GB RAM and 5GB JVM heap size. We are having 27000+ users , 7 projects in the JIRA. Also it is a single node application in Production.

I just want to know If 9 custom listeners  and 22 Project rules are running for all events in project, will my Jira service desk will become slow.

Also, in future those custom listeners and project rules might increase.

Please guide me on this, because before moving those customer listeners and project rules from Development environment to Production, I just want make sure that  Jira Service Desk  will not be in a under heavy load or slow in future.

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2021

Hi! 

So your question too individual, I would recommend to review the listener more clean as possible, 

minimum blocking requests.

regarding individual situation I do recommend to make time to time the performance testing. 

https://github.com/atlassian/jira-performance-tests

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events