Using Azure synced users as customers & grouping users? (Cloud)

Mattias Svensson May 23, 2019

We have synced our Azure AD identity’s (Atlassasin Access) and I can see them as “Managed Account” and enabled SSO.

Of these about 20 will be “agents” that we get a license for and the rest should be “Customers”, for agents it works fine.

But I can’t figure out how to give any of these “Customers” access to a service desk project? (next-gen projects)

The second thing I can’t get a grip on how to organize or use users attribute on issues/reporter to filter out issues in projects queues or search.

Like customers:  Title, Department or Organization.
Or can I assign customer to groups and use that as filters?

I’ve see there is some addins but most don’t apply to Service Desk cloud as far as I understand?

Any input is welcome :)

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 30, 2019

Hi Mattias,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!
For an internal user to be a customer, you just need to remove the default groups that gives a license to them, for service desk, it's usually jira-servicedesk-users. Once they are removed from the group, you can add them on Customers' page on the project:

After that, when they login through xxxxxx.atlassian.net, they will be automatically redirected to the customer portal.

Related to your second question, as they will be customers with Atlassian accounts, you can create groups and add them to the groups in order to filter.

Regards,
Angélica

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events