Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add any fields to an issue create screen (Cloud)

RamR February 8, 2020

I did add couple of custom fields to a issue create screen (a drop down list called 'Issue Type'  and a label field called 'Tags' and a text field) all worked for few days well and good. At some point the 'Issue Type' custom field disappeared, but i can see that from configuration. It is associated to that screen, but just wont show up when i try to create an issue. I tried removing it and adding back, but no luck. Now it is to the point that, no matter what fields i try to add to the create screen, none of them shows up, the changes just wont take effect, what could be wrong?

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 11, 2020

Hello @RamR

Thank you for reaching out.

When you talk about the issue type drop-down, are you talking about a newly created custom field or the field that is already available in Jira application?

Can you please provide us a screenshot of your current create issue screen so we can better understand what fields are displaying for you and what fields are missing?

Basically, to add fields in the create screen and make them visible in your issue view, you must perform the following steps:

- navigate to your project > project Settings > Screens

- Click in the Create issue screen for the issue types your need it > Add the fields you want

- In the left bar menu, click in Issue layout

- Select the Issue types you want it and make sure your field is not under the hidden fields tab.

P.S: When creating a new issue, Click in the Configure fields droip-down and make sure all your fields are configured to be displayed. Optionally, use the "Where is my field?" link to troubleshoot:

Screen Shot 2020-02-11 at 19.31.28.png

Additional to that, it is possible to hide fields under project settings > Fields. Please, navigate to the mentioned tab and click on Actions > Edit fields to check if your fields are hidden.

Let us know if you have any questions.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events