Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some Project Issues Missing from My Open Issues

Chris Knowlton December 11, 2019

I have 7 projects set up in service desk, all projects have tickets/issues under them, however not all of the project tickets/issues are showing up under My Open Issues view. My understanding is that view should show everything assigned to me and that is not happening. I've checked all the settings between the various projects that I can think of and can't see any differences - these projects are all out-of-the-box general service desk template projects.

Thank you for any suggestion on what to look at to fix this.

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 12, 2019

Hello Chris,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Thank you for reporting this issue to us. Just for a better understanding and also for us to try to replicate here, I'll make some questions:

• Is it related to classic or next-gen projects?
  • Have you checked what tickets are not appearing in "My open issues"?
  • Have you checked if it doesn't show tickets from a specific project? If so, can you tell us what is the template of the project?

Please, let us know if you see any difference between the tickets that show and don't show on the list.

Also, try to filter manually by using the JQL assignee = currentUser() AND resolution = Unresolved to check if there is any difference.

Regards,
Angélica

Chris Knowlton December 12, 2019

Thanks Angelica. Here are my answers:

• Is it related to classic or next-gen projects?
    • next-gen
  • Have you checked what tickets are not appearing in "My open issues"?
    • All projects are working except one called Chris To-Do, I should show 3 issues from that project and there are none, unless I clear Resolution:Unresolved
  • Have you checked if it doesn't show tickets from a specific project? If so, can you tell us what is the template of the project?
    • The template is general service desk
  • Also, try to filter manually by using the JQL assignee = currentUser() AND resolution = Unresolved to check if there is any difference.
    • This did not help
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 13, 2019

Thank you very much for the details!

I was able to replicate this issue and actually, this is happening with tickets from any Service Desk next-gen templates.

When filtering by unresolved, somehow the tickets created on next-gen are not showing, but if we use “All issues” it shows normally.

It also works normally with Jira Software next-gen projects.

Based on that, I created a Bug for our Dev team to check and fix it;

Please, click on “This affects my team” and also watch the bug to receive updates.

Like Chris Knowlton likes this
Steffen Köhn March 19, 2020

Hi,

I have seen your ticket and it is closed and resolution as not a bug.

I same issue and it seems to be a bug.

What is the possibility to fix it if its not a bug?

Tickets from my services desk next generation are assigned to me an resolution is unresolved. 

Thank you very much

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
March 20, 2020

Hello @Steffen Köhn

Welcome to Community!

I understand that it seems a bug. I tested many times and then created the bug with all the details, but they closed it and added this internal note:

This is not a bug. Next gen projects don't have resolution. Please use status category field instead.

Please, feel free to add a comment on the bug ticket and I can check with them if they can share more details about why this is not a bug.

Regards,
Angélica

Ralph Maalouf November 3, 2020

Hi @Angélica Luz 

In that case I think it makes sense for Atlassian to adjust the Your work > Assigned to me filter accordingly since many users rely on it and expect it to display all open issues assigned to them. 

Regards,

Ralph

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events