Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single-portal with multiple projects and public tickets

wlandgraf February 1, 2019

I'm really lost on how to properly setup Jira Service Desk.
I have a company which should have a single support portal (my company).
However, I have multiple products, and each product of course has different versions.

The portal should handle general questions like website issues, payment, warranties, etc., but also specific questions about a product. User will ask about product X, in version Y, why something is not wrong.

I tried to create a single service desk project (TMS Software), because I want a single portal. Then I created several components for each product I have.
But to my surprise, I cannot define versions for each component. The versions are per project! Am I missing something?
How can I properly setup that?

I also would like to have tickets to be public to everyone by default, and to have a field "make this private" and then the user explicitly asks for a private ticket if he wants to. I tried to use Organizations for that, is that the correct way? I have created one organization "TMS Customers" which holds *all* customers. Not sure if that's correct?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 4, 2019

Hi wlandgraf,

I saw that you opened a ticket with our support related to the same question.
As the question is the same, let's focus on the ticket to avoid any possible misunderstandings or miscommunication that may arise from discussing the same matter in two different platforms.

Regards,
Angélica

wlandgraf February 4, 2019

Hi @Angélica Luz, ok, looking forward to the answer in the ticket.

Rodrigo Arvizu May 16, 2019

Whats the answer in the ticket?

wlandgraf May 16, 2019

The ticket is rather long and evolve through other subquestions, but all in all, unfortunately, we couldn't achieve what we want.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events