Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict request type for customers

manmohan.adhikari January 2, 2020

Is there a way for us to restrict Request Types for specific customers within the same Project? I have two organizations that request IT work from us, but one organizations only needs help Requests on hardware and the other only on software. When they see the customer portal, I don't want them to see both options for hardware and software. Only for what they are looking for. Can this be done? This is specific to Jira Service Desk for Cloud

4 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Ana Alvarez April 20, 2020

I have a similar need as Manmohan. @John Funk do you know of or can you recommend specific plugins that provide this functionality?

0 votes
Ashkan Malekly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2020

Hi @manmohan.adhikari 

You can restrict request types with plugin extension for the Jira service desk. After installing this add-on, you can restrict groups or users in the visibility section.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2020

Hi @manmohan.adhikari  - No, you are not going to be able to do that in a single portal. You would need to create two different portals. 

0 votes
Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2020

Manmohan,

Unfortunately you cannot. Only thing you can restrict is who can access knowledge base.

Victor

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events