Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i download report and charts from Jira in Excel

Thi Tran May 21, 2020

I dont have jira excel option under my Export button as im using Jira on a server instead of cloud.

What can i do to if i want to download reports and charts into excel.

Thanks

3 answers

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 21, 2020

Hi @Thi Tran 

If you do a quick search, you will find that it's been discussed in many great threads on the Community.
However, if you are looking to generate professional reports from Jira Service Desk into native(!) Excel spreadsheets (possibly with charts, pivot tables, etc), one option you have is to look around for an app on the Atlassian Marketplace.

Better Excel Exporter for example has dedicated templates for Jira Service Desk.
The app adds a new "Export" menu to your Jira Service Desk queue UI, or if you pull together the tasks with a JQL query in the Issue Navigator that you want to export, you can get an Excel export like this or you can even use the Service Desk Report report template that is shipped with the app and create a report with pivot tables and charts, etc:

jira-service-desk-time-to-resolution-pivot-chart.pngPlease note that Better Excel Exporter is a paid and supported app and I'm part of the team developing it.

Thi Tran May 21, 2020

Thank you for your reply, without these additional add on then i cant generate professional reporting.

0 votes
Alex Gay May 22, 2020

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/excel-issue-export-from-jira-server-opens-empty-or-blank-838403242.html?_ga=2.179264548.1816384661.1590141483-1654707711.1590141483

We removed the Excel export option in JIRA 7.2, as we've introduced a more robust, flexible exporter in the CSV export. We hope you find this more beneficial. We do plan on removing this functionality entirely, however in the meantime, it can be unlocked with the following steps:

1. Stop JIRA.
2. Locate the jira-config.properties file in the $JIRA_HOME directory. If the file does not exist, please proceed to create it.
3. Open the file and add the below on a separate line:

jira.export.excel.enabled=true

4. Save this file.
5. Restart JIRA.

0 votes
Alex Gay May 22, 2020

edited

wrong account

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events