Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I find all the potential values of a particular field?

Michael Duquette October 13, 2020

I am building reports and need to know all the potential values of fields that have over 50 potential values.  How do I get the list of potential values for example in a field such as "resolution"?

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2020

Hello @Michael Duquette,

Resolution is a system field. If you are an admin, you can find all its possible values by going into Settings -> Issues -> Resolutions, where they are all listed (or faster: type 2 times "g" from the keyboard and in the popup box that appears, enter "Resolutions").

For other custom fields, navigate to Settings -> Issues -> Custom fields. Locate the field you want to check and from the ... button on the right side select Contexts and default value.

Just on a side note: in reporting any JQL filter you build will just display all the values effectively selected throughout the issues in your filter. Dashboard gadgets like a pie chart or two dimensional issue statistics allow you to automatically categorise your data by those options. So - unless you are thinking about cleaning up unused options - there may be no need to go through all these options first. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events