It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I use @ to include participant in a comment I want to send Edited

I have a task with person A as reporter and I have no problem using the @ in front of the person name in a comment which I want to send to that person. 

However if I also want to send to person B then I can't. I have tried to add person B as a "Request participants" but with no luck. 

Can you help me with this problem?

Br Skúli

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder Community Leader Feb 28, 2019

In order to add someone as a request participant they have to first exist as a customer in JIRA Service Desk.    Just add them as a customer and you will be good to go.  

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/adding-customers-852724126.html

Hi Brant

Person B was and is a customer.

Br Skúli

Brant Schroeder Community Leader Feb 28, 2019

The are a customer and you can not add them as a request participant.  Can you provide a screenshot.

Sorry I am not clear enough. I can add person B as request participant but I can't use the @ sign in front of the name (person B) when I am making a comment on the task and want that comment to be sent to person B also.

Can someone help me about this issue (see my comments from March 1st.)

I add a user to the "Request participants" (see first picture) and then try to use that user in the comment field by using @ in front (see second picture)

img12.jpgimg13.jpg

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Opsgenie

Incident Responders, Incident Commanders, Stakeholders! I want to hear from YOU!

Hello there friendly community! I'm currently working on a guide for folks who are new to Incident Management, or want to improve their current Incident Management process. The TL;DR  I'd...

119 views 4 2
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you