Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hidden field

Lukasz Gancarz July 15, 2020

Hi everybody,

I am using Jira Service Desk v. 4.0.0-REL-0033.

I added to issue formular new field "security level", in overlap "fields", position - "security level" set all needed screens and not hidden. 

When I want to make new issue, field "security level" isn't available. What schould I do to see that field?

Thanks for every one answer.

2 answers

2 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2020

Hi Lukasz,

Check the Permission Scheme for the project to see who has the Set Security Level permissions.

Hello John,

Thank you for your answer. Here, in my opinion I did it correctly.  Look at attachment. I am new one need to learn a lot.

1.0.png

1.1.png

1.2.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2020

Can you populate it with a generic security level value and then update it after it gets created? 

Like Dave Liao likes this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 15, 2020

@John Funk - that's not a bad idea, especially if you want a security levels to be picked based on another field value.

Like John Funk likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 15, 2020

@Lukasz Gancarz - what version of Jira Service Desk do you have? (Jira Software and Jira Service Desk have separate version numbers.)

JSD 4.9 introduces the ability for customers to set the Security Level field from the customer portal. Until you upgrade to that version, you can only include that field as a Hidden field on a request form.

Thak you for answer.

I have JSD v. 4.0.0

Like Dave Liao likes this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 15, 2020

@Lukasz Gancarz - time to upgrade 😉

Definitely review the upgrade notes for 4.9 (or move to 4.11!) - you may need to upgrade your version of Jira from 8.1 to a higher version.

Good luck!

Like John Funk likes this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 15, 2020

@Lukasz Gancarz - feel free to accept my answer so it can help others!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events