Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grant access to Jira without Jira Service Desk

Nathalie_P November 11, 2019

Hi,

I'm using Jira Software (Cloud) Standard and have now started using Jira Service Desk (Cloud) Standard as well. To limit cost I try to reduce the number of agents, but when I remove access for users to Jira Service Desk via Administration-> User Management, the system automatically removes acces to Jira Software as well.

How can I grant access to Jira Software only?

Kind regards,

Nathalie

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nathalie_P November 12, 2019

@Sandesh Shetty Hi, that's exactly what I tried, but when I remove Jira Service Desk, then also Jira is removed automatically. What I found out that user group "jira-software-users" has defined access to Jira Service Desk, but I can't change.

image.png

Sandesh Shetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2019

@Nathalie_P 

You can add/remove group for a particular product in Product access option

image.png

You can add Jira Service Desk users group and remove Jira Software users group for Jira Service desk product.

And You can add Jira Software users and remove Jira service desk users group for Jira Software product.

Nathalie_P November 12, 2019

@sandesh2026 Yes, that was the missing piece! Thanks so much, now it is working as I need it!

0 votes
Sandesh Shetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2019

@Nathalie_P 

You can go to administration -> user management -> users -> click on particular user -> You will get the option to give / remove access for particular application for the user.

image.png

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events