Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error pop up with "Couldn't send request"

Michelle Tam February 17, 2020

Before we migrate the license JIRA data to cloud JIRA, the Service Desk without below error pop up.  However, after the license JIRA data migration, we find below error when we create the new request on Service Desk.

May I know where can I found & fix below issue?

Screen Shot 2020-02-18 at 12.43.09.png

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 19, 2020

Hello Michelle,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

For a customer to create a ticket in Jira Service Desk Cloud, the fields that are hidden must have a valid value, otherwise, the error of the screenshot you sent will appear. 

To fix this, it's necessary to edit the custom field value directly from the request type.

Please, go to the Project settings > Request types.

If you are using a Next-gen project when clicking on Request types you just need to select the affected one and add value to the hidden field.

If it's a Classic project, after clicking on Request types, you must click on Edit fields > Request form and then edit the field value on Hidden fields with preset values.

If you have any other questions regarding this matter, please let us know.

Regards,
Angélica

Michelle Tam February 20, 2020

Hi Agnelica,

I have based on your suggestion to config the value in hidden fields, but the error still exist.

Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 12.41.49.png

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 26, 2020

Thank you for checking, Michelle.

If the error message shows, it means that the value added to the field is still not valid.

Have you checked all request types?

Can you test by removing the field and adding again with a new value?

Like Michelle Tam likes this
Michelle Tam February 26, 2020

Finally, can locate which custom field affect the form.  After add the default value to the field, the error is fixed.  Thanks!

Like Angélica Luz likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events