Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can customers who submit tickets only see their own tickets?

Matthew Cook July 2, 2020

Our 'customer' (in terms of Jira service desk) may be an internal employee who submits a ticket on behalf of a customer (our company's client).
The internal employee that submitted the ticket may not be the same employee that will deal with the response to the client and it is unknown at the time of the ticket submission which employee will deal with the reply.
Is there a way for all 'customers' (internal employees) to see all tickets submitted by all other employees?

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2020

Hi Matthew,

Check the Customer Permissions under Project Settings for the Project. That will tell you which issues users can see. 

Also, take a look at this former post:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Disable-people-overview/qaq-p/1409290?utm_source=atlcomm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=immediate_general_question&utm_content=topic

Thanks John. So if I understand correctly, all customers will be able to see all other customer requests if that is allowed in the permissions?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2020

Best I can tell you is try it and see.  :-)

Matthew Cook July 8, 2020

I don't have a service desk plan yet but am trying to find out if it would meet our needs before taking the trial so we can get the most from it.

What I need to know is; do customers need to be logged in members of JIRA Service Desk in order to see and reply to all the other customer's requests?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 8, 2020

I'm afraid I can't answer that one because we don't operate that way in our organization. It should be a very simply test though once you start your trial. 

0 votes
Krzysztof Daukszewicz [CoreSoft Labs]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 2, 2020

I guess that you could e.g. sync the service desk project with another Jira project via Backbone app tied to one of the agents, but that's a quite big workaround.

Thanks. I've been looking into this further. According to this video the customer is able to view all requests from all other customers, unless I misunderstood. https://youtu.be/5qP-FT2C5qc?t=276

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events