Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I have a next-gen service desk project on a Classic domain?

Laura Sands January 8, 2020

Hello,

I tested out the Next-Gen service desk for a few months, and now my team wants to connect the service desk to real projects which means creating a new JSD project on the correct domain. We have Jira Classic. I couldn't find the next-gen template when trying to create the new service desk, and now I have discovered that the general template is so much more complex. Am I missing something in being able to set up a next-gen project? How can I do that? I prefer next-gen, it's so much easier to use and I don't need the complexity of the classic templates. 

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2020
Laura Sands January 8, 2020

Thank you for sharing, John. However, the default re: the very first line in the article was that next-gen was disabled. My admin had to enable next-gen projects (for our entire Jira account) first. Then, I was able to create the next-gen JSD project!

Here's where I found out how: https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/get-early-access-to-the-next-gen-jira-service-desk-experience-968672129.html

All this is thanks to a comment on another thread: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-questions/How-do-I-create-a-next-gen-service-desk-project/qaq-p/1046254

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2020

Great! Glad it worked out for you!

Like Laura Sands likes this
Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2020

Hi @John Funk 

Hi all, 

I currently run a classic Jira Service Desk.  I would like to play around with the Next-gen service desk. If I switch it on (the Early Access to Next-Gen projects (Next-gen service desk)), will my classic stay as is?

-Mike 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 9, 2020

Hey Mike,

My understanding is that it will not affect current projects. When you create a new Project, you should have the option to doing so as either a Classic JSD project or a Next-gen JSD project. 

Like Mike Bowen likes this
Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2020

Thanks @John Funk 

I remember the last time I volunteered to change something in Jira thinking I could roll back and it turned out to be a permanent move. 

Mike

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 9, 2020

I am no expert on this!!  :-)

You should probably put in a support ticket to Atlassian for a definite answer.

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events