Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automate moving issues between issue types

Zowie Stenroos February 11, 2020

Hi,

Is it possible to automate the "Move Issue" when you change the issue type of an issue?
2020-02-11 14_59_29-Move Issue_ VET-31 - Jira Service Desk.png

Note: I have different workflow for different issue types and that is how I want it :)

Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 24, 2020

Hi Zowie,

I understand that you want to be able to automate the move action of an issue in Jira Cloud.  This is not possible to do within Jira Service Desk Cloud today.  There is an existing feature request for this over in JSDCLOUD-5748.

I did come across one possible workaround documented by the Automation for Jira add-on over in Move an issue.

From that page:

While Jira has an option to move an issue to another project, this service isn't available to plugins or integrations like Automation for Jira (for more details please see AUT-90).

The best workaround is to clone the issue and delete the original:

That link above for 'Move an issue' then has details on how you could use that plugin for Jira to achieve nearly the same ability via cloning the issue.

I hope this helps.

Andy

Zowie Stenroos February 25, 2020

Hi @Andy Heinzer

I've voted on the feature request and I'll have a look later at the  Automation for Jira add-on but it seems it will solve my problem :)

Thank you @Andy Heinzer

Cheers,
Zowie

Like # people like this
Mark Damen March 10, 2023

thank you, this helped me aswell.
the only thing that im left with is, 

when Cloning the issue to another project its getting a new id (code)
is there anything i can add so the id stays the same?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events