Permission management for multiple customer

Alexander Mages August 10, 2021

Hi Community,

we're starting to use confluence for our consulting company and we would like to use spaces for different purposes. 

one would be our internal space only for us, other would be a space per client we have.

We created a group per client and assigned the people inside. Only this group and admin has access to the specific space. We also removed the "confluence-users" group completely from the space.

So far, the spaces are shown correct as we can see during testing. But when I use a @[deleted] or a /task report I can see all users from confluence and also can identify other customers. Also with the /user macro I'm able to see all users from any group when I enter something useful. 

We browsed the web and the forum to find a proper way how to set up our confluence for our use case but haven't found anything so far. 

It would be great if one of you could help us to understand what needs to be done to "proctect" spaces and keep the people in the space only.

Thanks! 

Alexander

2 answers

1 vote
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2021

Hi @Alexander Mages 

I did some research and have to say, I don't think this is possible...

I found this question and this issue:

Regards, Dominic

Alexander Mages August 12, 2021

Hi Dominic,

thanks for your quick reply and your suggestions. The linked items would not help to solve my problem but may helps other. 

I know that Confluence is heavily used in product development, but also many agencies and multi-client companies are using it. Would be interesting how they deal with this issue. 

Again, thanks for your suggestions! 

0 votes
James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2021

@Alexander Mages as @Dominic Lagger highlights, this isn't possible.

I've used Confluence for the same use case and we have simply warned our customers that Confluence is a shared environment. People are professional and I've never had an issue.

The only other thing I can suggest is that you set up multiple Confluence Cloud sites.

Alexander Mages September 6, 2021

Hi James,

thanks for your reply and your suggestion. I also try to prepare my customers for that step and if this would not work out, I will find a solution by multiple cloud sites. Thats a good idea, just need to manage the costs with atlassian :) 

Best,

Alexander

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events