It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Linking to a table of contents

Hi all,

I'm just wondering if it's possible to create a page that links to/displays a number of tables of contents which are found on different pages?

For example, I would like to create a number of pages, such as active project, dormant projects etc.. each of which has its own table of contents. I would then like to have a separate page which has all of the tables of contents on one page

Thanks in advance!

D.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi @David Rajendran 

If I understand you correctly, you want to display different table of contents from many pages in one page. This you could achieve with the "Excerpt Macro".

Add the table of contents macro inside an Excerpt Macro like I did in "Page A". I did the same for "Page B". And the collection is presented in "Page C".

pageA-Excerpt.png

pageC-Excerpt.png

pageC-Excerpt_View.png

Hope this helps

Regards, Dominic

Thanks Dominic, 

This is exactly what I'd like to do!

Hi @David Rajendran 

I use the macro Children Display which has links to all child pages. So essentially, On the parent page will have its own table of content. That is the easy one. 

However a separate page which has all of the tables of contents on one page is a bit tricky. I don't know of a macro which does that (doesn't mean it doesn't exist) 

I would suggest make the Parent page as Projects

Then under this Parent Project include 3 Child Pages - Active, Dormant, etc. 

Then Using the 'Active Project' as a parent page - use the macro children display here (listing all child pages here) 

The only thing is that this macro is that it will list only child pages and not any random pages. 

I hope it at least solves half your problem. 

Let me know how you go

Cheers

Poorvi 

P.S.: Incase this answers your question, I appreciate you accepting my answer. 

Something like this, I'm assuming? 

Screen Shot 2020-01-15 at 4.44.45 PM.png

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in New to Confluence

How to use Confluence Cloud for stakeholder management

Most of us don’t need much convincing that stakeholder management is important. It just makes sense that keeping everyone in-the-know on projects and assigning clearly defined roles is key to having ...

5,715 views 8 24
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you