cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layout Is Incongruous For Multiple Code Blocks

Johnny Winter August 17, 2021

Hello

(version: Server, Confluence 7.12.2)

New to confluence. Was successful in inserting into a page, code blocks per the CODE BLOCK macro, however, after inserting the first code block and then inserting two more, I noticed that..

The first one's distance from the second CODE BLOCK can be adjusted by simply hitting enter to create new lines (which is showed on the image I posted); however, I apparently cannot do so with the second and any ensuing CODE BLOCK macros, at least in DISPLAY mode.

So, to be more clear, in edit mode, I CAN hit enter to create more lines/separation between the 2nd and 3rd code blocks, however, upon publishing/updating the page, the two code blocks do not show the separation distance that showed in edit mode after I hit enter between them to create that distance. Again, this is not so with the 1st and 2nd blocks, the distance between these two reflect what is shown in edit mode.

Note that going back into edit mode, it does show the distance I created between code blocks 2 and 3, but again, once you save the changes, the final display does not show this distance..

See below for pics..

Here is the distance in edit mode between all 3 macro code blocks:

confluence - code block formatting issue edit mode.jpg

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Now when displayed, losing the distance between Code Block 2 and 3..

confluence - code block formatting issue display mode.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2021

@Johnny Winter Welcome to the Atlassian Community

Did you happen to copy and paste any of the code blocks into Confluence?  Sometimes formatting is carried over from other applications.  When I manually add all the macros via the editor and on a new page I am able to space code blocks by hitting enter.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events