Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a User Admin Permission named System Administrator and if so, how do I set it for myself?

Allison Roberts October 6, 2020

I'm set with Administrator priveleges but when I read documentation, there's times when it'll say click here and you'll see such-n-such but I don't see such-n-such -- like I don't have access to it.   So I'm wondering if there's a user Administrator Level that's higher than what I currently have.  Is there a User System Administrator permission?  And if so, how/where do I set it?  The project I'm working in has already been set up.

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2020

Yes, you have three levels of global permissions, system admin, Confluence admins and users. Usually you combine system admin and Confluence admin, but they can be separated. Have a look at Global Permissions Overview for the differences. To get system admin permissions you have to be added to the group that have that or be added as an individual user.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2020

Hi @Allison Roberts ,

PFB the links that explains about diff admin permissions in confluence

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/confluence-admin-permission-levels-explained-604209420.html

Page restrictions is a second level of security.

0 votes
Allison Roberts October 6, 2020

Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events