It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

I'm relatively new to Confluence, and wondered where most firms kept significant stakeholder emails?

Do you store client/stakeholder emails in JIRA or in Confluence?  Pros/Cons?   Assuming you have both JIRA and Confluence in your shop.

2 answers

0 votes

No emails in Confluence or Jira on our side. Emails are considered a PRIVATE communication channel even if you share with cc (or even worse bcc). Either you communicate open by using Jira and/or Confluence or you stay to email for specific communication.

When I get an email considered a task for me (Jira) or relevant for documentation (Confluence), I create an issue in Jira by forwarding the mail to a specific project email address. Then I change the creator/reporter to the person I got the mail from & let him know that I now got a Jira issue to track his task. Same is true for Confluence: I create a page in Confluence, copy the content of the mail & share it with the relevant audience. It's a tough, every day, task, but one has to educate the staff to stay away from email for internal communication & documentation...

Best

JP

Trying to get some users to use comments and or create JIRA tickets instead of E-Mail requests is a constant battle.  I typically create JIRA tasks (use the app in Outlook) to create JIRA tasks. If the E-mail is about a page in confluence I will paste in in as a comment. If its totally new I will add it to a confluence forum page.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in New to Confluence

Fast-track your Confluence onboarding with the Confluence product guides!

Hey there! New in town? Check out the new Confluence product guides! They are chock-full of helpful tips, tricks, and best practices to get you and your team started.  Here’s a quick overview...

760 views 3 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you