I added people to my team and access is restricted when they try to access the page?

Eric Duncan December 18, 2019

Added some people to my confluence team, went to restrictions and it said there are no restrictions on any of the pages yet they still have access restricted.

I added them using this link https://ritualco.atlassian.net/people/search, I clicked under "my teams" and went to "add people", I was able to add them both no problem. However, when I go to Space Settings and go to Edit Permissions their names do not show up. I tried adding other co-workers who weren't even part of the team and their names showed up. 

1 answer

2 votes
Ansar Rezaei
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 1, 2020

All users need to have Use Confluence permission in the global permission scheme. This permission lets users access your Confluence site. Users with this permission are counted toward the overall number of licenses you've purchased.

After this, for each space, users need to have View permission in Space permission. This lets a user view all the content in your space.

If you want to restrict view/edit a page and all of the subpages for a user who has both of the above permission you could restrict them using page restrictions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events