Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to add pictures in Pages, so it do not dissapear

Hello!

I am new one to Confluence!

I have started to move my Project documentation to this platform. I do use many pictures in my pages... currently I just use Picture Upload function.

uploda.jpg

Later I found out that if I remove a picture form my computer's folder, this picture also dissapears from Confluence page?!?! How can I add a picture to a Confluence page in order it remains in the cloud (by the way we use Jira cloud version) and is not connected to files in my computer?

1 answer

0 votes
Diego Atlassian Team Apr 07, 2020

Hello @ruslans_klimovs !

If I understand correctly, attachments are removed from your pages as soon as you remove them from your machine locally.

If the behavior I described above is correct, this is indeed really strange. To be completely honest with you, this is the first time that such an issue is related to me. I tried to replicate it by placing my desired file directly into my desktop but the result came out as expected, even after deleting the file, the attachment was still there.

Here is what happened:

DeleteAttachmentDesktop.gif

Since this issue feels really specific, I would like to ask you a few questions. Here we go:

1. What browser were you using when the issue happened?
  2. What Operating System were you using when the issue happened?
  3. Is this issue affecting any other user, besides yourself?
  4. Is this happening with all pages were attachments were placed?
  5. Could you describe, step by step, the procedure that leads into this behavior? If possible, you can send us a screen capture of the procedure.

If you decide to send us the screen capture, be sure not to disclose any sensitive data. Our Community is an open space and everything can be seen by everyone.

The main reason for me to react as I have is that after uploading, files have no connection between what is on your local machine and what is on our Cloud platform storage. Deleting a file from your machine should not delete something from the cloud and vice-versa.

Looking forward to your reply!

Hello Diego and thank you for the response.

I've made the video in order to  show the problem:

https://emils-atehnika.tinytake.com/tt/NDE5NTg0NV8xMzA0NjM5Nw

The strange situation is that this mistake with my previous page (not test) disappeared.

But I was able to reproduce this problem in the new page.  

1.Chrome

2. Windows 10 Pro 64

3. Can't check it

4. Yes, all pages

5. video within the previous replya

Diego Atlassian Team Apr 23, 2020

Hello @ruslans_klimovs . Thank you very much for the detailed responses and also the video you sent our way and for keeping the thread going!

Looking at the video, I noticed that the file you are uploading comes from a synchronized OneDrive folder. I am curious to understand if the unconventional behavior you reported is still present when you upload files from another folder that has no connection with OneDrive.

Would it be possible for you to try it out for us? The upload procedure is the same, but instead of using a file from a OneDrive folder, use a file from another folder, such as your desktop.

I am currently working on replicating your behavior with OneDrive. I will keep you posted with anything new!

Forgot to ask you something!

Would it be possible for you to check if the attachment shows up in the attachments page?

You can reach this page by clicking the paper clip icon at the top of your page.

If the attachment happens to be there, would it be possible for you to try and download it?

Let us hear from you!

Hello again! With the help of one my colleagues (Who uses Windows!) I tried to replicate the behavior.

We were ultimately unable to replicate what you saw. We uploaded a file from OneDrive and then deleted it. The image was still present in Confluence.

Before deleting the file:

image.png

After deleting the file:

image (1).png

We tried to access the page with different browsers and computers. The image was still present after that.

Let us hear from you!

Thanks for your help! I remember that previously pictures were not available in the attachment section also.

But now everything is working fine! 

Like Diego likes this
Diego Atlassian Team Apr 27, 2020

Great to hear that it now works, @ruslans_klimovs !

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in New to Confluence

Fast-track your Confluence onboarding with the Confluence product guides!

Hey there! New in town? Check out the new Confluence product guides! They are chock-full of helpful tips, tricks, and best practices to get you and your team started.  Here’s a quick overview...

802 views 3 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you