How do I provide general access to all confluence-users within network?

Shawn Pater May 6, 2021

Hi - how do I give permission for anyone in network to access my space/pages. I added "confluence-users" in group permission and my space/pages are unrestricted. 

It will not allow me to choose view under anonymous without higher level andministrator permission, but don't really want to do that anyways. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2021

@Shawn Pater Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

If the group confluence-users provides licensing to users and the group is applied to all the user accounts then individuals will be able to access your space and pages.  Can you confirm that the users all have confluence-users and that this group associates Confluence licensing to the user.  (https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/global-permissions-overview-138709.html)

Shawn Pater May 6, 2021

Thanks for response Brant.  I'm not sure if all the users in my corporate network are licensed under confluence-users or not.  how do I verify which group licensing we use?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2021

Are you a Confluence Admin or just a Space Admin?  If you are a Confluence Admin you can review how the user directory is set up and how licensing is being applied.  If not you will have to talk to your Confluence admin.  

Shawn Pater May 6, 2021

I am space admin.  thanks.  I will reach out to them.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events