How can I set an own space home page on cloud deployment?

fortuneNext October 25, 2019

So I just created a space for a fresh Confluence Cloud deployment. It had a default page I didn't like, so I deleted it and created an own page I want to be the space home page.

When I navigate to the space, it says something like 'Awww, missing space home page. Set it up now!' but when I click the button, it says I don't have permission.

I can't find another way to set the space home page - all guides apparently are written for server deployment using space tools which I can't find at the cloud deployment.

Greetings!

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 30, 2019

Hey, thanks for sharing with the Community, @fortuneNext !

I have never experienced this situation before. With this in mind, I would like to understand a little bit more about your situation. So, may I ask you some questions?

Here they are:

1. Are you still able to create new spaces?
  2. Are there other spaces within your instance?
  3. Are you able to create a new user as admin?
  4. Is the recently created user able to add a space home?

Further, would you mind sharing a screenshot of your affected space settings page? We wanted to look at who is listed as the creator in the Created by field. Just be sure to censor sensitive information that the screenshot might contain! The community is open and everyone can see everything here.

Let us hear from you! Looking forward to your reply.

fortuneNext October 31, 2019

Hi,

1. I am able to create new spaces!

2. There are no other spaces within my instance!

3./4. Im not sure on how to do that without an email invite?

Unbenannt.PNG

As it is my full name, the CREATED BY field seems sensitive information; anyhow, it's me (altough it shows my full name instead of username "fortuneNext")!

Greetings

Tim

Like Stephen Sifers likes this
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 31, 2019

Hello Tim,

Thanks for reporting this issue and providing detailed steps as to what you’ve done which resulted in the issue. The issue looks to be similar to a Cloud free bug which is preventing users (Admins) of a newly created space from being able to administer said space. Further information on this bug may be found at CONFCLOUD-68319. We ask you to please vote and watch this bug to receive updates on its status.

Thanks again for reporting this issue within Community!

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events