Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message: build number in the home directory is newer than the Confluence build number

Jimmy Quinn November 29, 2019

I am a software developer, working on plugins. We are using Eclipse IDE. When I try to run Confluence from the External Tools menu I get the error message:

Confluence will not start up because the build number in the home directory [7502] is newer than the Confluence build number [7400].

So I edited the build number in the home directory to be 7400 and retried. I got the error message:

Confluence will not start up because the build number in the home directory [7400] doesn't match the build number in the database [7502].

This means that the Confluence build number [7400] is not the same as the build number in the database [7502]. Does anyone know how to resolve this?

I have been reading similar posts and editing the database build number is not advised, so can the Confluence build number  be changed?

2 answers

0 votes
Jimmy Quinn September 7, 2021

This happens when the test fixture (test database) has been saved while running a higher version of Confluence than the one now running. The best fix is to update your pom.xml file to amend the Confluence version to the latest one we support. I’m assuming this is happening on a dev VM version of Confluence. I can’t see how it would happen on a live or clone system.

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2021

Thank you Jimmy for sharing this!

0 votes
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2021

Hi @Jimmy Quinn 

Were you able to resolve this issue ? if yes, please share the solution. I have read that changing the build number in <confluence_home>/confluence.cfg.xml might help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events