Confluence templates/pages

Susan Piergallini January 18, 2021

I have 2 questions regarding templates:

1. is there a way to create a panel or other section on a page with information to be displayed when the template is used to create a page that is displayed in only edit mode and does not display when the page is published?

2. is there a way of showing the user all labels on the page when typing in a label on a page?  for example, when a user is going to add a label, it would be nice if they could see all of the options without typing anything. I am aware I can create a page with a list of all used labels - but trying to eliminate the step of needing to look at another page, if there is a way.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2021

Hi @Susan Piergallini 

welcome to this wonderful community 

To 1.

When creating a template you can use instructional text (have a look in here -> Instructional Text

To 2. 

You can add labels already on a template (see also the text mentioned for point 1-> Labels) What may be good could be an instructional text to describe which label to use for and make the user delete the ones which are not needed. 

We are using a costum macro to show the labels in site description where they can also been deleted. 

Feel free to ask for more help!

Susan Piergallini January 19, 2021

Thank you for the quick response - that was exactly what i was looking for!

Like Fabienne Gerhard likes this
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2021

Hi @Susan Piergallini 

if the answer helped you - would be great to accept it to make it marked for others as useful who may be have similar problems.

Great that it helped you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events