Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confiforms Calendar Order and Sorting

William Haase August 20, 2021

Been working on creating a work calendar using confiforms. Since the work is more dependent on shift rather than a specific start time I set the entries to be all day events and color dependent based on some variables. The last thing I think the calendar needs is to sort the order the events populate on the calendar based on certain entry variables. 

I have been testing with the Confiforms CalendarView "Ordering/Sorting rules to apply on entries dataset" parameter but have not been able to get anything to work. Not sure if there is an issue with using only all day events fir this sorting.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
William Haase September 2, 2021

Think I figured out a way that works using the "ConfiForms Field name to use as calendar event title" field. I guess the default setting is just to order alphabetically by event title?

[entry.complete][[entry.WorkShift]]-[entry.title]

The goal was for the events to be ordered by the following 

1. Multiday vs Single Day Event - This is already sorted how I wanted it with all the multiday events above the single day events

2. Work Shift - Was A/B/C/D/Non-Shift but simplified to Day/Night/NS to work with my current solution

3. Completion Status - yes/ blank [Dropdown]

1 vote
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2021

What do you expect to see and how the data should be sorted?

What is the type of the fields you want to sort on and how do you use them in sorting?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events