Confluence collaborators👨‍👧‍👦 Introduce yourself

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2021

Hi Confluence influencers,

Welcome to the "New to Confluence" group.

It's been a different zone we were in the past 1 year and 6 months. So much happened around us- be with our family, our career, our aspirations, our goals etc.

We would love to hear from you- your wins, your moments and collaboration with confluence:

1. One highlight you experienced in this 2 years (are you a victim or Hero)?
  2. What is that "aha moment" you cherish for life?
  3. What's your primary use of Confluence and who do you think should use the tool?
  4. How do you explain "about Atlassian Confluence in a simple line"?
  5. What's your 1 favorite confluence word?

48 comments

Comment

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2021

Hi @G subramanyam ,

Thanks for allowing us to join the group. Glad to be part of this.

My responses are listed below -

1. I think I encouraged my team to use Confluence as SSOT- Single Source of Truth as the collaboration platform and maintain in periodic interval and we have seen significant benefit out of it. So, I think Confluence is the Hero here.

2. After One of our successful releases and after using Confluence for the first time, everyone including Team members, External Stakeholders, Partners applauded the decision of inclusion of Confluence.

3. Platform to maintain and record Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective, Scrum of Scrums, Discovery Sessions, Release Notes and Risk, Issues and Action Items update.

4. Be Confluent and bring success.

5. Collab-genie.

Like # people like this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2021

Hi @Suvradip Paul you have nicely summed up the entire Confluence in a single post 👏. Glad to know that Confluence has been the SSOT and yes, I follow the same.

Please feel free to post your social media handle for networking.

Like Suvradip Paul likes this
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2021

Thanks @G subramanyam !

Like G subramanyam likes this
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2021

Hi @G subramanyam!

First of all let me tell you that the link from the challenges menu, takes me to "New to Jira" instead of taking me here. I had to manually search for this group. Same thing happened with the JWM journey.

1. The highlight that I've experienced this year is that I started working for an Atlassian Solution partner! Super happy and excited about that! :)
  2. d
  3. Main use of confluence in my work is to write down solutions and any other material which will be used by our colleagues.
  4. I'm going to borrow the words of the great Bruce lee and alter them a bit:

Be Confluent, My Friend.
    Publish your mind.
    Be formless, shapeless, like Confluence.
    You put confluence into a team, it becomes the team.
    You put confluence into a company, it becomes the company.
    You put it into an organization, it becomes the organization.
    Now confluence can flow or it can crash*.
    Be confluent, my friend.

5. Versioning system

*Had seconds thought about this phrase, but decided to keep it none the less ;)

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
October 5, 2021

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_ the incorrect links are my fault! They will be fixed momentarily, thanks for the heads up.  :) 

Like # people like this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 6, 2021

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ thank you for joining this group and for that impactful introduction.

I'm as excited as you hearing about your new start with a solution partner. That itself speaks the volume of knowledge you carry on with Atlassian products 👍.

And the way you summed up with your version of confluence (point #4) is mind blowing. I will carry your words forever in my Atlassian journey 🥇.

Feel free to post your social media handle for your followers.

Community Leader
Community Leader
October 6, 2021

This November I will be for one great year at Cententia! And here's to many more! :)

Good to hear that you liked this words! Feel free to use them. Bruce Lee was great! Now I saw that I forgot to write about (2)! Let me get this!

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 6, 2021

Are you saying you will complete 1 year with that organization? What a coincidence! I will be completing 1 year as an ACL this November.

Community Leader
Community Leader
October 6, 2021

Yes! November 1st mark my one year in the company! And yes, this is a huge coincidence! I wish you all the best :)

Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 5, 2021

Hi @G subramanyam 

Simple: I LOVE CONFLUENCE !!! 💞💖 💘

Cheers

Like # people like this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 6, 2021

Hi @Vero Rivas that's a 💙 way of expressing. Let's spread the LOVE for confluence as the end result is the "collaboration".

Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 20, 2021

@vero rivas

ME TOO!!!

Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2021

Hi Everyone,

Joining the group to learn a lot about confluence.

Like # people like this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 6, 2021

Hi @Fabian Lim thank you for joining and expressing your interest area. I'm sure this Confluence magic shortcuts page will be a good start with.

Paloma Fondon Araujo
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 5, 2021

Hi @G subramanyam and Hi all!

I've been working with confluence for a few years now and first of all, I love it... my answers are as follows

1. A highlight is that we have been able to maintain the pace of work during a pandemic we knew nothing about, we have worked in the same way relying on atlassian tools and collaborating among all team members.

2. Moments that are treasured in terms of work, when you make a client satisfied with the work done and you check that their expectations are met.

3. My main use of confluence is to document, I save every step I do, screenshots, links... I love confluence! I use it every day and I always recommend it to all my clients! having the documentation updated is so important and so easy!

4. Collaboration between team members

5. I repeat myself, collaboration!!!

Like # people like this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 6, 2021

Hi @Paloma Fondon Araujo your experience and points remind me your "be & look positive at things" and the way you see the things-"Collaboration🎸"... Yes, the collaboration of self thoughts, team bonding, omni channel accessibility of information, getting in the shoes of the client always wins any "battle", "situation" and "clients work". Thank you for sharing your insights with us

Feel free to post your social media handle for your followers.

Like Paloma Fondon Araujo likes this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2021
  1. One highlight you experienced in this 2 years (are you a victim or Hero)? When I had a team of several hundred individuals all agree that Confluence was working great and they were excited to use it on our project.
  3. What's your primary use of Confluence and who do you think should use the tool? To improve my teams.  Everyone should use it.
  4. How do you explain "about Atlassian Confluence in a simple line"?  Keeps everyone organized, informed and accountable. 
  5. What's your 1 favorite confluence word? Confluence
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 6, 2021

Hi @Brant Schroeder we are on same page with point #1 and I clearly see that excitement of hands-on with Confluence tool.

You made me go down my memory lane. During my initial days of Atlassian products usage W.r.t. "Confluence", the entire project management team have spoken aplomb about this tool, approvals, documentation, integration with Jira stories, restricted access & on & on. While that buzz had me a scared, I took it as a challenge to master the platform and be Intune with the team.

Thank you 🤝

Like Brant Schroeder likes this
Vronik October 6, 2021

Hello @G subramanyam 

I use confluence for everything (work, family, etc.), especially with my daughter, I use it to document things from her studies and I organize my notes, work, etc.
I love confluence

Regards

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 7, 2021

Hi @Vronik thank you for sharing a "new way of using Confluence". Majority of the time, I heard people using Jira software to plan and organize their personal work. I definitely feel and see how productively you are utilizing and engaging family with this fun filled collaboration tool. Keep rocking and we will be eager to read the best moments you came across with Confluence.

Like Hakeem Olasupo likes this
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 6, 2021

Hi one and all 👋

I use Confluence but I'm here to know how to reeeaalllyyy use it and learn from the best 😃 Looking forward to getting involved @G subramanyam!

All the best,

Laura

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 7, 2021

Hi @Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_ Firstly, I should appreciate your energy and amount of time you invest in sharing your knowledge in this community forum.

Kudos 💌

In order to know the ways of really using Confluence, I would see this way- "identifying use cases for every feature of Confluence and then asking a question, "what's this feature or icon does" and "what can I think differently"?

If you wonder how to elicit new ideas, I might have to redirect you to my secret cubes. They are always fun to engage and get new ideas. Try them and you will be in 💙

Story cubes-Subash.jpg

Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 7, 2021

That's very kind of you to say @G subramanyam 😊

The secret cubes sound very interesting, I'll have to give it a go! Stay tuned I'll be a whiz at Confluence in no time with you and this group.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 6, 2021

@G subramanyam Thanks for the post and getting this community space rolling!

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 7, 2021

Thank you too @Brant Schroeder . Kindly share this link within your projects, so we all get to hear more use cases, happy moments and an SSOC (single Source of Confluence family).

Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 6, 2021

Hi @G subramanyam  & Team 

Glad to be a part of the group!

1. One highlight you experienced in this two years - With Atlassian tools already in place before the Pandemic, the transition to work from home was super smooth. 
  2. What is that "aha moment" you cherish for life? - Always keep learning and experiencing change for more "aha moments" 😀
  3. What's your primary use of Confluence, and who do you think should use the tool? - I use it daily, right from documenting Product Roadmaps, Sharing MoMs & organizing virtual fun events with the team!
  4. How do you explain "about Atlassian Confluence in a simple line"? - The best tool available for team collaboration!
  5. What's your 1 favourite confluence word? - "CQL" 😂
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 8, 2021

Thank you @Ajay _view26_ for sharing your aha moments. It speaks about one of the Agile mottos "Unlearn to relearn". And when this is coupled with CQL😊, I bet the memories will flow down the line with complete access to the transitions.

I'm curious to read more about, "organizing virtual fun events with the team". I believe all members in this group would have few takeaways with your reply.

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 7, 2021

Hello all,

One highlight you experienced in this 2 years (are you a victim or Hero)?

My article is published in Atlassian customer stories.

https://www.atlassian.com/zh/customers/ctrip

What is that "aha moment" you cherish for life?

Two years after upgrading to Confluence Data Center, in 2021Q2, my company's Confluence user number has exceeded 40,000, generating millions of views every month, and adding hundreds of thousands of pages and attachments.

What's your primary use of Confluence and who do you think should use the tool?

Knowledge management, sharing, collaboration, in my company, including technology, operations, human resources, finance, customer service, marketing, almost all employees can use Confluence for cross-team collaboration.

How do you explain "about Atlassian Confluence in a simple line"?

Confluence could help you to solve the problem of isolated information island, achieve knwoledge sharing in the organization, and build a collaborative environment for all the teams.

What's your 1 favorite confluence word?

blueprint, there are endless possibilities here.

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 8, 2021

Hi @Ollie Guan happy to see your post and joining this group. Firstly, congratulations for receiving the prestigious "Atlassian monolith" which tells your amount of work, dedication, reach to the global audience. If I'm not wrong you have reached that milestone in just one year of your ACL hat, am I right?

Publishing an article and getting the record views is the most memorable moment for any writer and enthusiast, kudos 🍻.

I would request few tips and best practices to sky rocket our group members Atlassian journey. 

Happy weekend.

Like Ollie Guan likes this
Bala Ganesh October 8, 2021

Hi @G subramanyam  , Thanks for creating a platform for learning and sharing with vibrant community of proactive people.

I'm neither victim nor Hero but a practitioner trying to hone my skills and learn

My "aha moment" are my personal habits that invest daily in meditation , study of philosophy and spiritual practices

We use Confluence primarily for all kinds of documentation and I think everyone who likes  to help teams for efficient collaboration & and knowledge sharing will surely come across confluence & i consider confluence as One stop solution for managing docs and wiki 

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 8, 2021

Thank you @Bala Ganesh for joining our Atlassian community and to our new to Confluence group. I admire your enthusiasm to learn, probe and detail oriented approach. 

"Practice" makes us perfect and a "practitioner" transforms his surroundings more perfect. I liked that usage "One stop solution for managing docs and wiki". Yes, I definitely see "Confluence is the only Collaboratory tool" I love given it's robust features.

Happy Friday and weekend.

Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 8, 2021

Hi 

1. Hero

2. Can't think of one right now

3. Design documents, knowledge base, requirements, meeting minutes

4. Share point on steroids

5. macro

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 8, 2021

Hi @Fabian Lim , that's quite to the point and very quick to read. Just similar to how simple the Confluence tree structure is to access and identify.

Happy weekend.

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 9, 2021

Hi @G subramanyam 

Thank you and glad to be part of this group. Here's my response on the prompts -

1. A Hero, as I was able to learn new things during the pandemic.
2. In terms of work - Getting Cloud Certified
3. Creating KB articles, Minutes of meeting, Documentation. Everyone should use this tool for collaboration.
4. Easy to use.
5. Collaboration.

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 11, 2021

Thank you @Kishan Sharma for joining this group and sharing your valuable journey with Confluence.

"All the best for your cloud certification preparation" and it's really a career boost decision. Please do share your tips and inputs post clearing the certification.

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 9, 2021

Great to see this group happen, and happy to be a part of it.

I've used confluence for about 2 years, but still consider myself very new to it, so happy to learn lots from other users

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 11, 2021

Hi @Liam Green thank you for looking into and joining our group. Your 2 years of experience would be a great addition to lot of queries and learnings for this group members.

Do share your valuable inputs for people wanting to master confluence collaboration tool.

Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 14, 2021

Confluence makes me look good at what I do.  And, what I do is PM/Business Analysis.  I work for a consulting company.  The templates and organization make communicating with my clients easy and professional and transparent.

Looking for recommendations on any techniques and templates you find useful!

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 19, 2021

Hi @Marjorie thank you for dropping in and introducing to this group.

From my experience as a Business Analyst, Lead Scrum master and Consultant, I found Confluence to be one of the best tools (of course their are features that needs to be fixed or updated) for a complete project planning, documentation, collaboration and documentation. You will get immense benefit through "macros, inbuilt templates, using shortcuts" as per your call of the hour.

Like Marjorie likes this
Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 14, 2021
  1. One highlight you experienced in this 2 years (are you a victim or Hero)? HERO I implemented Confluence
  2. What is that "aha moment" you cherish for life? Getting married to my best friend.
  3. What's your primary use of Confluence and who do you think should use the tool? Communication and Collaboration
  4. How do you explain "about Atlassian Confluence in a simple line"? An electronic communications portal.
  5. What's your 1 favorite confluence word? Collaboration

Personally, I LOVE Confluence.  It helps me organize the team, as a Scrum Master, and it helps me stay on task and overcome my ADHD...

Like # people like this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 19, 2021

That's truly a productive and best moments you had in the last 2 years. We truly are in sync with point# 1,3,4, 5 and job role.

Like Marjorie likes this
Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 2, 2021

@G subramanyam  thanks!  I will have to write up an article on the use of Confluence in my project.  It makes our team very productive!

Kevin Tuei
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 16, 2021

Thank you @G subramanyam for bringing us together on this space.

I have used Confluence for just over 18 months now. The first time I encountered Confluence, we were collaborating on a Website Revamp Project. The ease at which you can make updates and receive notifications from Confluence on Spaces and Pages is a moment to savour.

Getting to create awareness on Confluence in ACE and seeing the fascination of the attendees on the versatility of confluence 

Understanding the power of networking and collaboration

3. What's your primary use of Confluence and who do you think should use the tool?

Documentation and collaboration on tools

Spaces are where your pages live

Confluence itself

Appreciate all the comments shared here. Really insightful and looking forward to continually learn.

Like # people like this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 19, 2021

Hi @Kevin Tuei

I'm able to see your fascination about people getting glued to hear more of this awesome collaboration tool. Before becoming an ACL, I had attended few events on Confluence and it's a real crowd puller.

You aptly quoted "Spaces are where your pages live". This is the the sentence that gained my attention and drawn towards Confluence in my initial days of work.

I definitely see you have more interesting points to share from your confluence journey.

Like Marjorie likes this
manuelgeek
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 19, 2021

I'm happy to be part of this community, Confluence is one of the Atlassian tools I use

Like # people like this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 19, 2021

Hi @manuelgeek welcome to the Atlassian community. Have a great meet-less collaboration with Confluence tool.

Like # people like this
manuelgeek
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 21, 2021

Thank you @G subramanyam 

Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 22, 2021

welcome!

Clint Young October 25, 2021
  1. I've missed Confluence. The last 2.5 years I was in a position where I didn't have access to Confluence like I used to. I now am back into Confluence relearning it and it's been a glorious month back.
  2. An aha moment with Confluence was maximizing macros for helping my team keep on top of tasks from meeting notes
  3. Meeting notes and project documentation. Confluence is for anyone who likes to keep everyone on a project in sync.giphy
  4. Single Source of Truth - SSoT FTW
  5. Space - Sometimes we just need some space.
Like # people like this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 26, 2021

Thank you @Clint Young for stopping by this group and sharing about SSoT.

Happy that you are back to confluence platform and are going through the Atlassian university Confluence course to be on track.

I see and believe that every Atlassian user should be Confluence certified given it's robust integrations with other tools and usage across sections of life/ projects/planning.

Keep sharing the findings from your Confluence refresher.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 7, 2021

I have to admit that even though I like Jira more than Confluence. I can never picture myself away from it.

I noticed that Atlassian is investing time to improve the functionalities and hope to be able at some point to have lot of features without the use of plugins.

I am Fadoua. The very first application I learned when I started using Atlassian Tools was Confluence. Today, I am, using both Confluence Server and Cloud.

It is true that sometimes I get totally confused while trying to locate features that are available in one type of hosting but not the other 🙃

Hoping to interact with lot of people in this wonderful group

Best,

Fadoua

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 8, 2021

Welcome @Fadoua to our new to confluence group.

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 9, 2021

Hi Team, here's an exciting New Confluence product updates-November article from @Reni Carlson . Don't forget to check it out.

Hakeem Olasupo
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 11, 2021

Hi to everyone in the group!

I'm Hakeem Olasupo, the Atlassian Community Lead at Ilorin. 

I'm really happy with how everything works with this app. I look forward to connect, learn, relearn and unlearn.

Cheers

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 11, 2021

Hi @Hakeem Olasupo welcome to the Atlassian new to confluence group.

Feel free to share your memorable moments or tips or best practices with Confluence to our group.

Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 12, 2021
    1. Being able to do merges and migrations within less than 42 hours typically, which makes my clients very happy.
    1. Teaching myself how to create backups in postgres! :D
    1. I typically use it to document things I do regularly or may need to do in the future.  It's mainly my note taking program.  I think everyone could use Confluence - it's incredibly handy and versatile.
    1. A wiki or a place to store all your notes, documents, images, links, etc.
    1. Macro
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 17, 2021

Hi @Kristin Lyons thank you for taking time and sharing your experiences.

A big shout out to you for, "migrations within less than 42 hours typically". That's really remarkable.

I liked your aha moment and would request to share few suggestions to our group members here.

Happy Confluence'ng with Macro's :)

Like Kristin Lyons likes this
Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 12, 2021

Hi I'm not a super expert in Confluence (I'm focused on Jira SW most of the time), so I'm here to learn something new or to try to investigate Confluence to provide answers :)

1. One highlight you experienced in this 2 years (are you a victim or Hero)? Once I was working on incident "user could not edit a Confluence page". The communication with user was horrible...I found out he didn't log in...definitelly victim here :)
  2. What is that "aha moment" you cherish for life? Confluence Cloud has a template for every usecase (ok... almost every :))
  3. What's your primary use of Confluence and who do you think should use the tool? Meeting notes, Planning notes...
  4. How do you explain "about Atlassian Confluence in a simple line"? Great tool to organize your creative work
  5. What's your 1 favorite confluence word? Comments
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 17, 2021

Hi @Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__ I really liked and amused with point#1, "I found out he didn't log in"!! Over a period of time, these incidents make us laugh and smile for the efforts we put to convince or resolve issue.

Availability of various templates for different project planning activities is what I definitely (and always) vote for.

Let's continue Confluence and be confluent in our work.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events