Join our Sept. 15 webinar on using Jira Software & Confluence Cloud together!

UPDATE: You can read our top questions and answers from the webinar here!

If you missed the webinar, watch it on-demand now!

JSW_Connie_webinar.png

Is your team just getting started with Jira Software and/or Confluence Cloud? Are you learning tips and tricks for managing agile projects from members of our fabulous community, but want to go deeper?

If so, check out our webinar scheduled on Sept. 15, 2020 for “How to use Jira Software and Confluence Cloud together.” Register now!

Get the skinny on features and integrations that will set up your team for success and help you make faster progress. In this webinar, you’ll also learn how to save your team time with Jira and Confluence.

Join product marketers, Sally Stone and Jessica Taylor, as they walk you through ways to take advantage of workflows, templates, reports, and more for organizing your team and collaborating efficiently. They’ll also share tactics for helping your team reach their full potential on Jira and Confluence as you grow.

Get inside info on how to:

• Apply best practices for agile management

• See and share the big picture

• Organize workflows with integrations

• Take Jira and Confluence to the next level 

26 comments

Comment

Kirti Joshi August 28, 2020

Thanks for sharing this article. 

Like # people like this
Debra Graham September 1, 2020

We use Confluence Server and are about to roll out Jira Service Desk.  We are linking JSD to our knowledge base space.  We also use Comala's workflow plug in.

Will this seminar be useful to someone using Confluence Server rather than Confluence Cloud?

Like Jessica Taylor likes this
Jessica Taylor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 1, 2020

Hi @Debra Graham - Our focus for this webinar will be on Jira Software Cloud and Confluence Cloud deployments, so we won't cover Server this time.

Like Andy - PTC Redundant likes this
Artur Franczuk September 2, 2020

Cool! Looking forward to see the server version ;)

Like # people like this
Carlos Sánchez September 3, 2020

Cool! thanks for sharing

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2020

This is most exciting @Jessica Taylor and I am looking forward to it.
At PTC we often use both Jira & Confluence Cloud to deliver highly complex bespoke Augmented Reality solutions.
Recently we just finished one such solution for Stannah Stairlifts where in Jira played a pivotal role in Sprint Management, Work Breakdown Structures, Components and Versioning, whilst Confluence was the backbone of our Project Governance... in particular documenting UATs, performing Retrospectives and also documenting Release Notes! 
(And of course, we heavily linked the systems where-ever possible!!)

I always feel that we could do better though, so I am looking to learn a lot from this Webinar 🤓👍🌟

Jira+Conf.jpg

Katrin September 9, 2020

I tried to sign in but got an error message :( How to register?

Jessica Taylor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 9, 2020

@Andy - PTC Redundant - Excited that you'll be there. Our content is geared towards a more beginner/intermediate audience, but I'll be anxious to get your feedback on what we might offer more advanced audiences in a future webinar.

@Katrin - Try refreshing and signing up again. If that doesn't work, I'll reach out to you for more details!

Like Andy - PTC Redundant likes this
Vickie Gal September 9, 2020

Will you be showing how to create workflows in Jira and or how to copy a workflow to suit your team?

Jessica Taylor
Atlassian Team
September 9, 2020

@Vickie Gal - Yes, we'll show this in Next-gen.

Like Sally Stone likes this

Great Jessica...so that will be in the 16th September Webinar or is Next-gen a different Webinar?

Like # people like this
Jessica Taylor
Atlassian Team
September 9, 2020

@Vickie Gal - Yes, we'll cover this in our Sept. 15 (or Sept. 16 depending on your location) webinar on "How to use Jira Software and Confluence Cloud together."

Fantastic.. thanks Jessica. I am looking forward to that.. 

Like # people like this
Carly Caraway September 10, 2020

I'm registered. I'm a new Jira user coming from a Azure DevOps world. Wondering if this webinar would cover anything about Roadmaps. I'm attempting to structure my roadmap and have only been able to see Epics by date, with User Stories listed without dates underneath them. Our Epics are long term and it would help to see User Stories by dates on the Road Map. I'm trying to determine if this functionality is even available with Basic. Also, does anyone have a "cheat sheet" of queries that could be used to filter boards? Any new user resources would be very helpful!

Like # people like this
Kelly Drozd
Atlassian Team
September 10, 2020

Hi @Carly Caraway welcome to Jira Software! This webinar will cover basic roadmaps. Basic roadmaps will show epic-level dates and child-issues status (such as stories, tasks & bugs - or if you have custom issue type). Advanced Roadmaps in Jira Software Premium will provide the level of detail you are looking for at the sub-epic level, and you can also ladder work from multiple teams that are using classic project types with unlimited levels of hierarchy above the epic level.
Here is some additional information about Advanced Roadmaps: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/features/roadmaps
It depends on what information you or your team wants to see quickly when it comes to filters for a board. It could be filtering by labels, by issue type. Below are a few examples of JQL to create quick custom filters.

• Show all issues that are assigned to members of the "bugfix" group: assignee in membersOf("bugfix")
  •  Show all issues of type 'Bug': type = "Bug"
  • Use an issue filter in your Quick Filter: savedfilter = "My Filter"

Here is some additional information on how to leverage search & JQL to create filters for boards, dashboards & viewing issue https://confluence.atlassian.com/guide-for-new-jira-software-cloud-administrators/searching-949248141.html
Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2020

This looks awesome I'm really looking forward to attending this, I always seem to learn something new every time I attend one of these webinars!  Thank you for putting this together!

Like # people like this
Jessica Phillips September 16, 2020

If we missed the webinar, is there a way to view the recording?

Jessica Taylor
Atlassian Team
September 16, 2020

@Jessica Phillips - You can watch it here!

Like pargab sala likes this
Paul Wijnen September 20, 2020

I missed the seminar also, when trying to log in it gives me "error on server" also the watch it here gives this error. Shall i launch a ticket or anyone knows what the problem is?

Jessica Taylor
Atlassian Team
September 21, 2020

@Paul Wijnen - Sorry to hear you're having difficulty accessing the webinar. Please go ahead and file a ticket so we can help get this resolved. Thanks!

Paul Wijnen September 21, 2020
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2020

Thanks for sharing.

Good Article !!! 

Kelly Drozd
Atlassian Team
January 8, 2021

@Farel Moksi Welcome! This webinar does touch on roadmaps capabilities in Jira Software and in Confluence but it is more geared toward best practices on how to use Confluence and Jira together so will cover many other great tips & tricks for teams.

I have included a few links below that are more specific for Jira Software roadmaps. Your epics, no matter how long, will be visualized on your roadmap by the dates you put into the epic or by simply adjusting the epic-length from the roadmap itself. Your user stories that are within each epic will show nested under each epic on your roadmap and display the status of each of them. If your team uses any sub-task for stories they will not display on the roadmap - but you can easily click on the story and see any sub-tasks in the issue view.

https://www.atlassian.com/agile/tutorials/epics

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/create-manage-and-visualize-work-on-the-roadmap/.

Please let me know if that helps answer your question. 

Thanks,

Kelly 

Jessica Taylor
Atlassian Team
April 14, 2021

@jamesdony - Hi James! You can watch it here. We're also hosting another agile webinar next week that goes even deeper on agile practices, and I hope you'll join us. You can learn more and sign up here.

Kelly Drozd
Atlassian Team
August 11, 2021

@Sophia Emily hi there! Here is the webinar on Youtube -> https://youtu.be/1-07JpsPMuk

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events