Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IT Lead Business Analyst - Johnson & Johnson

Joseph Garcia August 19, 2019

Hi everyone,

I'm at IT Lead at J&J and I'm working on improving our use of JIRA and Confluence in my department.  I've been working with JIRA pretty heavily over the last 3 years in order to help teams deliver digital projects across an array of HR, Legal, and other functional groups.

I would love to hear on new developments and road maps for Atlassian's products.

2 comments

Comment

Andrew Kendris August 22, 2019

Welcome @Joseph Garcia

As an IT Project Manager working at a corporate law firm, I can relate to challenges we encounter when collaborating in cross-functional teams; it puts your Atlassian knowledge and creativity to the test.  I found that conducting routine feedback sessions (i.e. Health Monitoring Exercises) with your teams and encouraging ongoing feedback helps understand what keeps them to their traditional ways.  This is also a great opportunity to introduce them to other tools that Atlassian can offer.

Also, Atlassian has been working on a "Next-Gen" Jira experience and they are routinely rolling out new features that help increase team productivity and collaboration. Keep checking back on this page to see what's coming down the pipe and they are always asking for feedback! 

Joseph Garcia August 23, 2019

Hi @Andrew Kendris,

Thanks for the updates.  Do you happen to know when the Next-Gen Jira experience will be rolled out?  Will it be a series of incremental updates or a major release?

Is there any way to preview the Next-Gen experience in a sandbox environment?  I would definitely be interested and so would several people from my company!

Andrew Kendris August 23, 2019

@Joseph Garcia

The Next-Gen Jira experience was rolled out January of last year and is available to all Jira Software Cloud environments. They've been making routine improvements since then and some shipments are more impactful than other depending on your team's needs - my team was stoked when sub-tasks were made available and the roadmap chart on iOS!

The best way of giving the new experience a shot is by creating a trial of their Cloud software and kicking the tires during the 14-day trial.  

Kapil Samadhiya
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2019

Welcome @Joseph Garcia to the NYC Online Community. I am sure you'll get all the help you are looking for here. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events